We can then deliver your pills to you, or you can pick them up in any Superdrug store or from a post office.
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|3 month course||£20|
|6 month course||£25|
Prices include prescription and standard delivery. Product packaging may differ from image above.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
It contains 150mcg of levonorgestrel and 30mcg of ethinylestradiol. There are a number of pills that have the same active ingredients as Rigevidon, such as Microgynon, Ovranette and Levest. These pills all work in exactly the same way and may cause similar side effects.
- Fill in our online questionnaire about your general health and your contraception needs. This should only take a few minutes to complete.
- A doctor will review your questionnaire to see whether Rigevidon is a safe choice for you.
- If Rigevidon is right for you, your prescription will be sent by post to your preferred address. Or, you can choose to collect it from your nearest Superdrug store or post office.
- Stopping your ovaries from releasing an egg (ovulating) each month.
- Increasing the thickness of the fluid around the neck of the womb, making it harder for sperm to get to any released eggs.
- Thinning the womb lining, making it harder for any fertilised eggs to implant.
If your periods come less than every 28 days, Rigevidon may not work straight away for you no matter when you start it. So, you’ll also need to use another type of contraception for 7 days.
If you have taken ellaOne you should start Rigevidon on the 6th day after taking this, using condoms if you have sex during this time and for 7 days afterwards.
When you come off Rigevidon, your fertility will return and you will be at risk of pregnancy as soon as you stop if you do not use another method of contraception. Most women will have a period in 2 to 4 weeks. It’s a good idea to take a pregnancy test if you’ve stopped taking Rigevidon but have not had your period within a month.
Rigevidon will not protect you from sexually transmitted infections (STIs) so if this is a concern, you’ll need to use take extra protection, like using a condom.
- Take each tablet every day at around the same time with a small amount of water. Swallow each tablet whole. Don’t chew or crush them.
- Each tablet is labelled with the day of the week that it should be taken on.
- The strip of tablets is also marked with arrows showing the sequence of tablets. Follow the arrows each day until you complete the strip.
- After you finish the strip, most women choose to stop taking Rigevidon for a maximum of 7 days. You should get a bleed in this time. This is called the ‘withdrawal bleed’. You’re still protected from pregnancy during the 7-day break providing you took all your Rigevidon pills as instructed in the week before your break.
- Start a new strip after 7 days. You should start each strip on the same day every time.
The flexible extended-use regime involves:
- Taking the pill every day continuously until breakthrough bleeding occurs for 3 to 4 days, then having a 4-day break before starting the next pack.
- There's no need to use additional contraception after restarting.
- Taking the pill every day for 3 weeks then having a 4-day break before starting the next pack.
- You may have a withdrawal bleed in the pill break.
- There's no need to use additional contraception after restarting.
- Taking the pill every day continuously without any breaks (if a bleed occurs, you continue to take your pill).
- Taking the pill every day for 3 packs (9 weeks).
- Then having a pill break – often this is a 7-day break. Sometimes people shorten the pill break to only 4 days, and then restart the next pack.
- You will have a withdrawal bleed in the pill break.
- There is no need to use additional contraception after restarting.
Missing a pillDepending on the circumstances, there are different things you should do if you miss a pill.
If you’re sick (you vomit) or have diarrhoea 3 to 4 hours after taking Rigevidon, you may not be protected. You should take another pill as soon as you can, if this is within 24 hours of when you should have taken your original pill then you will be protected and should continue to take your pill at your usual time the following day.
If you are more than 24 hours late taking a pill or cannot take this due to vomiting or diarrhoea you should restart your pill as soon as you can and use condoms for the next 7 days. Emergency contraception may be needed if you had sex without a condom in the 7 days before your missed pill.
- Breast pain.
- Feeling sick (nausea).
- Changes to your bleeding pattern.
- Low mood or depression.
- Low libido.
Though weight gain is listed as a potential side effect by the manufacturer further studies have not found a clear link between combined pills and weight gain. Other common side effects listed by the manufacturer include acne, fluid retention, vaginal infections and stomach pain.
If you notice any of these side effects when taking Rigevidon, it’s worth carrying on with the medicine for a few weeks. You may find the side effects go away as your body gets used to the medicine.
If you find that the side effects are too much to cope with or they last longer than 3 months, speak to your doctor. They will be able to make sure there are no other underlying causes and suggest an alternative method of contraception.
For a full list of side effects always read the patient information leaflet before starting Rigevidon.
Make sure the doctor prescribing you Rigevidon knows about any medicines you’re on, including over-the-counter and herbal medicines. For a full list of medications that can interact with Rigevidon always check the patient information leaflet.
Medicines that can make Rigevidon work less effectively include:
- Epilepsy medication.
- Some antibiotics.
- Anti-retroviral medication (for HIV).
- Other enzyme inducers.
- Laxatives or weight loss medications.
- Herbal treatments such as St John’s Wort.
Risks of taking RigevidonCombined hormonal contraceptive pills like Rigevidon can increase your risk of developing a blood clot compared with not taking them. However this risk remains low overall if your doctor has advised that Rigevidon is safe for you to take.
Signs of a blood clot include pain or swelling in your calf, shortness of breath, chest pain or coughing up blood. If you experience any of these symptoms go to A&E.
Some studies have also shown a link between taking a combined pill and an increased risk of developing breast or cervical cancer though any risk is likely to reduce with time when you stop the pill.
Who cannot take Rigevidon
- Have any health conditions that increase your risk of blood clots (eg, high blood pressure).
- Have a close relative that has had a blood clot.
- Are over the age of 35 and smoke.
- Are obese.
- Have abnormal vaginal bleeding that your doctor has not found a cause for.
- Have a history of migraines with aura.
- Have given birth or had major surgery in the last 3 weeks.
- Have had breast cancer or are at higher risk of breast cancer.
- Have cardiovascular, liver or gallbladder conditions.
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Can I drink alcohol on Rigevidon?
Rigevidon and period delay
Rigevidon and painkillersYou can take over-the-counter painkillers if you’re on Rigevidon.
Delivery is always quick and the packaging is discreet, if that is needed.
The process was quick and easy
Great service considering the waiting times for doctor appointments.
good service in superdrug
It works really well and is quite cheap, but I have had bad cramps since I started taking it.
Got a few months left in my pill and been worrying I might not of had enough to last me as I lost 2 when I got them off my doctor
Good and efficient service.
Arrived the next day 👌🏻
Drug came fast and order was very easy to do.
Hi really good and quick delivery but quite expensive.
Speedy delivery. Simple. Easy. Very happy.
Very happy with my purchase. Quick and efficient service, would definetly recommend.
So much easier than the three month waiting list I have to see a doctor is person for the exact same product and check up questions. So quick and easy and has honestly made my life so much easier.
Great service from Superdrug! Needed my prescription that day and couldn’t get it from my gp due to it being a Saturday. Within a few hours of ordering I was able to go down to my local Superdrug pharmacy and pick it up. Great communication throughout and hassle free! Would definitely recommend!
Quick & Easy - saves having to take the time out of work etc. for a doctor's appointment.
Easy and hassle free ordering system. Arrived promptly in discreet packaging. Follow up emails reassuring.
Quick, easy and extremely helpful.
Very prompt service would use this service again in the future very easy site to use
Great service. I can never get an appointment with my gp so this is a great service
The doctors are nice and helpful, the pill have no side effects, all good :)
Great service. I couldn't get a doctors appointment before my holiday so used this service to get my contraceptive pills (which i hadn't realised had almost run out). Came next day as promised, very convenient and not too pricey for a one-off purchase. Would recommend
Really great service. My prescription was ready to pick up the next morning before lunch as promised.
very good experience and very quick response from online doctor。this is 啊very happy
Great service, fast delivery. Will definitely use super drug online doctor again.
great service, if a little pricey. Saves a lot of hassle of going to the doctors
Quick and easy. Will use again.
I would highly recommend this service. It saves your GPs time and your own. Fast reliable service!
Great, fast service. Would recommend.
Thank you , im so satisfield
Easy and convenient. No long waits for doctors. Exactly as asked for.
No fuss online consultation and fast order processing, my medication was delivered in 2 days, bery happy with the service provided.