Cerazette is a progesterone-only contraceptive pill.
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|Cerazette - three month||£27.50|
|Cerazette - six month||£40.00|
Prices include prescription and delivery.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
- Fill out our short questionnaire about your general health, your lifestyle, and your contraception needs. This should only take a few minutes to complete.
- A doctor will review your questionnaire to see if Cerazette is suitable and safe for you to take.
- If Cerazette is right for you, your order will be delivered to your preferred address by post in discreet packaging. Or, you can choose to collect it from any Superdrug store, or your nearest post office.
You cannot buy Cerazette from a pharmacy. You need a prescription from a doctor to get it.
- Stopping your body from releasing eggs from the ovaries (ovulation).
- Increasing the thickness of the fluid at the neck of the womb to make it more difficult for sperm to reach any eggs that are released.
- Making the womb lining thinner, so it’s harder for any fertilised eggs to implant.
- If you have regular periods and take it within 5 days of starting a period, you’ll be protected straight away.
- If you take it at any other time during your cycle, you will not be protected for the first 2 days and would need to use condoms if you have sex.
- If you’ve just had a child, you need to take Cerazette within 21 days of birth to be protected straight away. If you start taking Cerazette after that, you will not be protected against pregnancy for 2 days and would need to use condoms if you have sex.
Stopping CerazetteYour fertility will return and you will be at risk of pregnancy as soon as you stop taking Cerazette if you do not use another method of contraception.
You can expect your period to come back after 2 to 4 weeks. If your period has not come back within 4 weeks, it would be a good idea to take a pregnancy test.
When you come off Cerazette, you could notice some symptoms as the hormone levels in your body change. For example, if you had heavy periods or period pain before using Cerazette you may notice this returns on stopping.
Swallow the Cerazette pill whole with water. Don’t chew or crush the tablets.
The best time to start Cerazette is on the day your period starts. You’re protected straight away if you start taking it within the first 5 days of your period starting.
The blister pack has the days of the week printed on the back and arrows to show you the order in which to take the pills. You should start the pack on the top row with the correct day of the week and follow the arrows.
There are 28 pills in a pack. Do not take a break when you’ve finished the pack – you just start the next one the next day. You will not get a normal period while you’re taking Cerazette as it stops you from ovulating but you may get some spotting or irregular bleeding.
Missing a pill
- Breast pain.
- Low libido (sex drive).
- Changes to your menstrual cycle.
- Feeling sick (nausea).
- Headaches (though studies have not confirmed these side effects are caused by the mini pill).
Acne, weight gain and mood changes on Cerazette
Breast cancer and Cerazette
Does Cerazette stop periods?As Cerazette stops you ovulating, you do stop having proper periods when you’re on it.
For most women, it does change how and when they bleed during the month but it’s difficult to predict how each person’s body will react. Some people bleed a small amount regularly (spotting) whilst others do not bleed at all, and some will have heavier or more frequent bleeding.
If you have problematic bleeding on Cerazette and it’s not improved after 3 months, you should see your doctor to make sure there’s not any other cause for this and to talk about other contraceptive methods.
- Medicines used to treat epilepsy, such as carbamazepine, lamotrigine and phenytoin.
- Some antibiotics, such as rifampicin.
- Some over-the-counter tablets, such as St John’s Wort.
- Have or have had breast cancer.
- Have or have had a stroke or heart disease while taking a mini pill.
- Have abnormal vaginal bleeding that your doctor has not found a cause for.
- Have liver tumours.
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Cerazette and alcohol
Cerazette and period delaySome people find that they do not bleed when they’re on Cerazette. But, Cerazette is not a medication that is used to delay your period.
If you’re already taking Cerazette and wish to delay bleeding you may still be able to take period delay medication but should first discuss with your doctor if this is safe for you.
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (2019). Progestogen-only Pills. [online] Available at: https://www.fsrh.org/standards-and-guidance/documents/cec-ceu-guidance-pop-mar-2015/ [accessed 20 December 2019].
Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (2019). UK MEC Summary Table Hormonal And Intrauterine Contraception. [online] Available at:https://www.fsrh.org/standards-and-guidance/documents/ukmec-2016-summary-sheets/ [accessed 20 December 2019].
Merck Sharp & Dohme Limited (2019). Cerazette 75 microgram film-coated tablet. [online] EMC. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1698 [accessed 20 December 2019].
fast delivery..Very easy to order. Thanks
Fast service, but slightly more expensive than alternative online doctor services
I am very happy with the product
Very efficient service
Fantastic service. Couldn’t get an appt with my own dr in time and this service solved my problem. Quick and easy to use, quick response, easy to collect. Could save a lot of people a lot of hassle. Cost more than seeing my own dr (nhs) but way cheaper than going private which was my only other option given the timescale I was working to. Wouldn’t hesitate to use again.
Product was just as described and arrived fast lm very happy and have suggested my daughter use you as well and she has done
easy quick service very happy to buy from again and very fast delivery a great service all round
Fast service and fast delivery, more than happy!
Very easy to place an order by answering a few questions, you're kept up to date at each stage, and it was very quick delivery. Superb service in all fairness, especially when I was due to run out of the pill and I couldn't get an appointment to see the nurse until November! Highly recommend this service.
It was easy to order exactly what I wanted. Quick and easy
Quick and easy. Very pleased with the speed of service. Product was exactly what I needed!
i usually get my prescription free from my doctor but due to working away from home needed a quick delivery without a trip to the doc's surgery... Being able to order this online really helped!
Pleased with product and service
Great speedy service. A little expensive but convenient as a one off whilst I am in between doctors
Good and so easy to use, would recomend to anyone
It is a great way incase of emergencies to pick up your prescriptions when in a different country, quick and effective
Very easy to order online. The items came within 3 days of being ordered. Doctor looking over my order was thorough as I hadn't filled in my blood pressure question and sent an email to remind me to go to the pharmacy to get my blood pressure checked. Would definitely use the service again.
Easy to use, good customer service & speedy delivery, will use again.
Should have been made aware of Christmas delivery eta before ordering especially with something as important as contraception. Except for this service was great. Many thanks.
I have used the product before and it has very few side effects.