|Nasonex - 1 Spray||£30|
Price includes prescription and standard delivery.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 3 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
Hayfever Nasal Spray
Many patients suffer from nasal congestion during the hayfever period. Nasonex nasal spray reduces the swelling inside your nose and helps you breathe during this time. The corticosteroids it contains reduce inflammation and symptoms such as itchiness, sneezing and a runny nose.
Nasonex is not only a nasal spray for hayfever. It is also used to treat nasal congestion caused by other allergies and provides relief from the symptoms of allergic reactions to animal hair, dust mite or feathers.
The spray can take 12 to 48 hours to work.
Before the first use
Before using your Nasonex spray for the first time, you have to “prime” the bottle. Gently shake the bottle, take the dust cap off and pump the spray ten times until it releases a fine mist. If you haven’t used the spray for more than 14 days you need to repeat this process before using Nasonex again.
How to use the spray
- Shake the bottle and take off the dust cap
- Gently blow your nose
- Tilt your head forward and hold the bottle upright
- Close one nostril and put the nozzle of the spray bottle into the other nostril
- Breathe in slowly through your nose and pump the spray once while breathing in
- Breathe out through your mouth
Repeat these steps to administer a second dose to the same nostril and two doses to the other nostril.
Wipe the nozzle after every use and replace the dust cap when you are finished.
Cleaning your Nasonex spray
The spray needs to be cleaned on a regular basis. To clean your hayfever spray, take off the dust cap and nozzle. Wash and rinse both in warm water, then leave them to dry. Once both parts have dried you can put the spray back together and re-prime it with two sprays to prepare it for the next use.
Please note that you must not insert any sharp objects such as pins to unblock the nozzle - this can damage the spray and result in you getting an incorrect dose with each use.
- sore nose or throat
- nose bleeds
- disturbances of smell or taste
In rare cases, Nasonex can cause an allergic reaction. Contact a doctor immediately if you experience side effects such as wheezing and breathing problems.
For the full list of possible side effects when using Nasonex please read the patient leaflet supplied with your spray.
Do not use Nasonex if:
- you are allergic to one of the ingredients
- you have an infection in your nose
- you have recently had an operation
- your nose has recently been injured
Tell your doctor if:
- you have or have had tuberculosis
- you are suffering from an infection of any kind
- you are taking any other medicine containing corticosteroids
- you have a herpes simplex infection of the eye
- you are suffering from cystic fibrosis