Evorel Conti patches can cause some side effects, which should go away or get better after a few weeks of treatment.
The most common side effects include:
- skin irritation where the patch is applied
- difficulty sleeping
- irregular bleeding, sometimes after having sex
- weight gain
- anxiety and depression
- nausea (feeling sick)
- stomach ache
- pain in your breasts
- allergic reaction
Uncommon side effects include:
- vaginal infections, such as thrush
- muscle pain
- swelling in your hands or feet (peripheral oedema)
- itchy skin
- less interest in sex
You can get some other side effects from Evorel Conti patches, but how often these happen are not known.
- fuller breasts
- mood swings
You must stop using Evorel Conti right away and see a doctor if you get:
- jaundice (yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes)
- a blood clot (can cause difficulty breathing, swelling or redness in your legs, or sudden chest pain)
- migraines that have never happened before or are not normal for you
- a rise in your blood pressure (can cause dizziness, tiredness, or headaches)
You should be aware that using combined HRT may increase your risk of certain diseases. It is essential that you understand these risks, which you can discuss with your doctor.
The following medical conditions may be more common in those using HRT:
- Breast cancer and ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer (although the risk is lessened if using progesterone as well as oestrogen)
- Stroke and blood clots
Please discuss this with your doctor before starting the treatment.
Evorel Conti Patches and weight changes
One of the common side effects of Evorel Conti patches is weight gain, however, there is no evidence to show whether this is because of the patches or due to menopause. Many women put on weight during menopause without taking HRT, which can be caused by a change in hormone levels. To treat this, exercise regularly and eat a balanced, healthy diet. Losing weight is not common whilst using Evorel Conti. If your weight is dropping unintentionally, speak to your doctor.
Evorel Conti bleeding
Evorel Conti can cause vaginal bleeding in some women. Most women do not get a period at all whilst using Evorel Conti. When you first start using Evorel Conti, you may get breakthrough bleeding for the first few weeks or months. This should go away once your body gets used to the treatment. If you continue bleeding for more than 6 months or get heavy bleeding, speak to your doctor.
What to do if you get Evorel Conti side effects
If you get any side effects from Evorel Conti, you must speak to your doctor for an assessment.
Back to top