Doxycycline Malaria Tablets
Order Doxycycline Online
Last reviewed: 9/1/2020 by Dr Clair Grainger
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|Doxycycline Tablets||from £23.00|
For a list of all pack sizes and prices, see below.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
The cheapest option.
Dosage: Start taking Doxycycline two days before travel and continue your treatment until four weeks after your return. You need to take one tablet per day.
Side Effects: Can cause skin sensitivity to sunlight.
|Doxycycline||5 day trip (35 capsules)||£23.00|
|Doxycycline||6 day trip (36 capsules)||£23.50|
|Doxycycline||7 day trip (37 capsules)||£24.00|
|Doxycycline||8 day trip (38 capsules)||£24.50|
|Doxycycline||9 day trip (39 capsules)||£25.00|
|Doxycycline||10 day trip (40 capsules)||£25.50|
|Doxycycline||11 day trip (41 capsules)||£26.00|
|Doxycycline||12 day trip (42 capsules)||£26.50|
|Doxycycline||13 day trip (43 capsules)||£27.00|
|Doxycycline||14 day trip (44 capsules)||£27.50|
|Doxycycline||15 day trip (45 capsules)||£28.00|
|Doxycycline||16 day trip (46 capsules)||£28.50|
|Doxycycline||17 day trip (47 capsules)||£29.00|
|Doxycycline||18 day trip (48 capsules)||£29.50|
|Doxycycline||19 day trip (49 capsules)||£30.00|
|Doxycycline||20 day trip (50 capsules)||£30.50|
|Doxycycline||21 day trip (51 capsules)||£31.00|
|Doxycycline||4 week trip (58 capsules)||£35.00|
|Doxycycline||5 week trip (65 capsules)||£38.00|
|Doxycycline||6 week trip (72 capsules)||£41.00|
|Doxycycline||7 week trip (79 capsules)||£44.00|
|Doxycycline||8 week trip (86 capsules)||£47.00|
|Doxycycline||9 week trip (93 capsules)||£50.00|
|Doxycycline||10 week trip (100 capsules)||£53.00|
|Doxycycline||11 week trip (107 capsules)||£56.00|
|Doxycycline||12 week trip (114 capsules)||£59.00|
|Doxycycline||13 week trip (121 capsules)||£62.00|
|Doxycycline||14 week trip (128 capsules)||£65.00|
|Doxycycline||15 week trip (135 capsules)||£68.00|
|Doxycycline||16 week trip (142 capsules)||£71.00|
|Doxycycline||17 week trip (149 capsules)||£74.00|
|Doxycycline||18 week trip (156 capsules)||£77.00|
|Doxycycline||19 week trip (163 capsules)||£80.00|
|Doxycycline||20 week trip (170 capsules)||£83.00|
|Doxycycline||21 week trip (177 capsules)||£86.00|
|Doxycycline||22 week trip (184 capsules)||£89.00|
|Doxycycline||23 week trip (191 capsules)||£92.00|
|Doxycycline||24 week trip (198 capsules)||£95.00|
|Doxycycline||25 week trip (205 capsules)||£98.00|
|Doxycycline||26 week trip (212 capsules)||£101.00|
|Doxycycline||27 week trip (219 capsules)||£104.00|
|Doxycycline||28 week trip (226 capsules)||£107.00|
|Doxycycline||29 week trip (233 capsules)||£110.00|
|Doxycycline||30 week trip (240 capsules)||£113.00|
|Doxycycline||31 week trip (247 capsules)||£116.00|
|Doxycycline||32 week trip (254 capsules)||£119.00|
|Doxycycline||33 week trip (261 capsules)||£122.00|
|Doxycycline||34 week trip (268 capsules)||£125.00|
|Doxycycline||35 week trip (275 capsules)||£128.00|
|Doxycycline||36 week trip (282 capsules)||£131.00|
|Doxycycline||37 week trip (289 capsules)||£134.00|
|Doxycycline||38 week trip (296 capsules)||£137.00|
|Doxycycline||39 week trip (303 capsules)||£140.00|
|Doxycycline||40 week trip (310 capsules)||£143.00|
|Doxycycline||41 week trip (317 capsules)||£146.00|
|Doxycycline||42 week trip (324 capsules)||£149.00|
|Doxycycline||43 week trip (331 capsules)||£152.00|
|Doxycycline||44 week trip (338 capsules)||£155.00|
|Doxycycline||45 week trip (345 capsules)||£158.00|
|Doxycycline||46 week trip (352 capsules)||£161.00|
|Doxycycline||47 week trip (359 capsules)||£164.00|
|Doxycycline||48 week trip (366 capsules)||£167.00|
|Doxycycline||49 week trip (373 capsules)||£170.00|
|Doxycycline||50 week trip (380 capsules)||£173.00|
|Doxycycline||51 week trip (387 capsules)||£176.00|
|Doxycycline||52 week trip (394 capsules)||£179.00|
*scroll to see more pack sizes
What if I forget to take a tablet?
If you forget to take your daily tablet, just take it as soon as you remember and then take the next dose at the correct time, but do not take a double dose if you have completely forgotten to take one dose.
- you are likely to be exposed to strong sunlight or ultraviolet light
- have liver problems or are taking other medicines which affect your liver
- have severe kidney problems
- have myasthenia gravis
- have porphyria (a rare genetic disease of blood pigments)
- have systemic lupus erythematosus
- have sucrose intolerance
Doxycycline belongs to a group of antibiotics which can cause the side effect of photosensitivity. This means that while taking doxycycline you are more likely to get sunburnt. For the duration of your treatment, you must apply sunscreen before spending time in direct sunlight. You should not use a sunbed while taking doxycycline tablets.
There are a number of other rare but severe side-effects. If you experience any of the following reactions, stop taking the medication and seek medical help immediately. You will also need to seek alternative malaria protection for:
- severe headaches or blurred vision
- doxycycline can alter the numbers of your blood cells which may show in blood tests, or cause infections, sore throats, bruising, and nose bleeds
- sensitivity to sunlight
- headaches and loss of vision
- tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- stomach problems such as nausea, pain, and being sick
- mouth ulcers, sore tongue, and discolouration of the teeth
- inflammation of the liver and jaundice
- inflammation of the pancreas with severe upper abdominal pain
- reddening, peeling, and swelling of the skin; rashes
- muscle and joint pain
- increase in urea in the blood
- thrush (Candida) infections. If you are going somewhere remote, you may want to take some thrush cream or other treatment with you
For a complete list of risks and side effects, please read the patient information leaflet.
Stop taking the medication and see a doctor immediately if you experience:
- difficulty in breathing, wheezing or chest pain
- skin reaction such as rash, extreme sunburn, blistering and peeling, or itching
- swellings of the tongue, face, or throat
- watery diarrhoea and cramps
- soreness and itching around the anus and genital area
- worsening of systemic lupus erythematosus
- severe headaches or changes in vision
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
You should tell your doctor if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, as it could harm your baby.
Tell your doctor if you are taking:
- medication to stop blood clotting, for example, warfarin.
- medicines which contain aluminium, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc salts or bismuth.
- epilepsy medication
- ciclosporin (a drug used after organ transplants)
- methotrexate (used to treat cancer, psoriasis, or rheumatoid arthritis)
- penicillin antibiotics
- rifampicin (used to treat tuberculosis)
- barbiturates (strong sleeping tablets)
- ergotamine or methysergide (used to treat migraines or headaches)
- the anaesthetic methoxyflurane can also interact with doxycyline, so tell your dentist or doctor that you are taking it if you need an operation
Easy to order and great delivery rates. No hassle questions for prescription. Perfect with no issues.
I purchased some Anti Malarial Doxycycline for a trip abroad. When I got to the Superdrug Pharmacy they only then advised me that they could not supply the full order, I was travelling the next day. I would have expected a call when I ordered the product if they were unable to fulfil my order so I could have made alternative arrangements. Very poor and created quite an issue.
A fast, hassle free professional service, with good follow up after care.
Not used yet will review once I use product
Easy to use with quick delivery and usually get discounts on second orders
Very helpful thank you guys well done
Prompt and reliable. Great service.
Cheap, easy, fast and it worked. Would use again.
Easy to do, arrived quickly and cheaper than my GP's charges.