Who should not take Zyban?
Do not take Zyban if:
- you are allergic to bupropion or any other ingredient in Zyban
- you are taking any other medication which contains bupropion
- you suffer from seizures (for example epilepsy)
- you have a brain tumour
- you have severe liver problems
- you are a heavy drinker who has recently stopped or is planning to stop drinking
- you have recently stopped taking sedatives or medication used to treat anxiety
- you are taking sedatives or medication used to treat anxiety and are planning to stop taking it
- you suffer from bipolar disorder
- you are taking medication for Parkinson’s disease (or have recently taken any)
Discuss your medical history with a doctor before taking Zyban or any other bupropion medication. It is particularly important that you mention any mental health issues you suffer from or have suffered from in the past. For a full list of warnings and risks, please read the Zyban patient leaflet.
Zyban interacts with a range of medicines. Tell your doctor about all prescription and non-prescription medications you are currently taking or have recently taken before beginning your treatment.