Delivery, Collection and Returns
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Delivery Update
Royal Mail is continuing to deliver to all its customers in this very difficult time. However, increasing pressure on their service means they have to amend the way they deliver some of our products to you.
This means that they are now making a temporary change to Special Delivery Guaranteed items:
- For items posted from Thursday 19 March 2020 onwards, they can no longer guarantee deliveries by 1pm the next working day.
- Special Delivery services have a next day guarantee in place, but at different times than usual; 1pm deliveries are now guaranteed for delivery by 9pm the next working day.
What does this mean for you? Rest assured that your products will be delivered to your door as promised. The only thing that changes is that we can not guarantee next day delivery. Your order might arrive a day later.
- The Royal Mail will offer contactless delivery and no longer requesting signatures from customers.
For customers that need urgent medication such as Emergency Contraception, we recommend selecting Next day delivery to receive delivery in 1-2 days. We also recommend ordering the pill that can be taken up to 5 days after intercourse which is called EllaOne.
Superdrug Online Doctor makes getting the healthcare you need simple. We can deliver your order to a convenient address for you, or you can collect it from any Superdrug store or post office in the UK.
You, or someone you nominate, will need to sign for delivery.
If your order is approved before 4pm Monday to Friday, our delivery options work as follows:
- Free standard delivery We aim to deliver a standard delivery order within 48 hours (Monday to Saturday). For some areas of the UK, standard delivery can take 72 hours.
- Next-day express delivery (£3.99) Your order will be delivered by 1pm the next day (Monday to Saturday).
If your order is approved after 4pm Monday to Friday, it will be processed the following working day. This means, for example:
- if you order next-day express delivery after 4pm on a Monday, your order will be processed on Tuesday, and will be delivered on Wednesday.
- if you order at any time on a Saturday or Sunday, your order will be processed on Monday.
If you’re ordering the morning after pill
or cystitis treatment
that you need to use straight away, we will always send this next-day express delivery (charges apply). If you’re ordering these medications to be used in the future, you can select standard delivery.
We can deliver to all UK addresses except forwarding companies or ‘virtual address’ services, like Parcel Motel and Parcel Wizard.
For all delivery options we use plain packaging. Nothing on the outside of the packaging will show what’s inside. Only the pharmacy address will appear on the packaging to allow the order to be returned if necessary.
If Royal Mail are unable to deliver your order, it will be taken to your local delivery office. After 18 days, the item will be returned to our central pharmacy where we will contact you to rearrange delivery.
If we do not receive a reply within 1 month of the order being returned to the central pharmacy, it will be thrown away and you will not be able to get a refund.
For certain medications, you may be asked to re-complete the medical assessment, or provide further medical information, if the medication is being re-delivered to you more than a week after the initial order. This is to make sure that the medication is still clinically appropriate for you.
You can collect your order for from any Superdrug store
or post office
across the UK.
- Same-day/next-day collect from a Superdrug store with a pharmacy (free) Your order can be ready to collect as quickly as 4 hours after approval. If your order is approved after 4pm, you can collect it the following day, after 11am. Pharmacies are open Monday to Saturday.
- Next-day collect from a Superdrug store without a pharmacy (£3.99) If your order is approved by our doctors before 4pm, you can collect it after 1pm the following weekday. If you order on a Friday, it will be ready to collect on the following Monday. You’ll need to show photo ID to prove that you’re the person named on the order.
- Next-day collect from a post office (£3.99) If your order is approved by our doctors before 4pm, you can collect your order after 1pm the following day. You’ll need to show photo ID to prove that you’re the person named on the order.
- Standard collect from a post office (free) If your order is approved by our doctors before 4pm, we aim for it to be ready to collect within 48 hours (Monday to Saturday). For some areas of the UK, it can take 72 hours. You’ll need to show photo ID to prove that you’re the person named on the order.
Please note that you can only collect an order from Superdrug pharmacies and Superdrug stores – you cannot pick up an order from any other pharmacies or pharmacy service providers.
What if I do not collect my order as planned?
If your order was sent to a:
- store with a pharmacy – after 2 months it will be returned to stock or thrown away (if out of date). If this happens, your order payment will not be refunded.
- store without a pharmacy – after 21 days, it will be returned to our central pharmacy. We’ll contact you to rearrange collection. If we do not receive a reply within 1 month of your order being returned to the central pharmacy, it will be thrown away and you’ll not be refunded.
- post office – after 18 days it will be returned to our central pharmacy and we’ll contact you to rearrange delivery. If we do not receive a reply within 1 month of your order being returned to the central pharmacy, it will be thrown away and you’ll not be refunded.
For certain medications, you may be required to re-complete a medical assessment or provide further medical information if collecting more than a week after the initial order. This is to ensure that the medication is still clinically appropriate for you.
Can someone else collect my order for me?
If your collection is from a:
- store with a pharmacy – someone can collect your order on your behalf. They may be asked to give your name, date of birth and your patient ID number.
- store without a pharmacy or post office – you must collect the order yourself and you’ll need to show photo ID.
Tracking your order
We’ll update you throughout the order process. You’ll receive the following:
- an immediate confirmation email.
a second email to let you know when our doctor has assessed and approved your order.
a third email to let you know that your order is on its way.
if you’re collecting your order, you’ll receive an email to let you know it’s ready to be picked up.
You can also check the status of your order in your account
If your order is being delivered, or you’re collecting it from a post office, you can track your order with Royal Mail here
If you have any questions about your order at any stage of the process, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us
If the doctor needs more information
In order to provide the safest service possible, the doctor may need further information from you. If this is the case, you’ll receive a message in your account. In some cases, the doctor may give you a call instead of messaging.
The order will not be processed until you’ve replied to the doctor’s message. This must be done within 35 days of placing your order.
If you do not reply within this time your order will be declined and you’ll be refunded in full to the same payment card.
There are also times when a doctor would need to talk to a patient face-to-face to feel confident that the treatment they’ve ordered is right for them. We unfortunately do not currently offer this service. In these cases, we may also need to decline an order. When this happens, you’ll get a full refund, and we’ll send you a message through your account to let you know why we were not able to help.
Refunds take 3 to 5 working days to appear in your bank account.
Cancelling your order
You can cancel your order at any time but we can only give a refund in certain circumstances.
For all treatments and services that require a prescription
, if you cancel your order you’ll only get a full refund if you’ve:
- not yet received an order confirmation email.
you’ve opted to collect your order from a Superdrug store with a pharmacy and you cancel within 7 days of placing the order.
If you’ve ordered a test kit
and have not yet sent it to the lab, you can cancel your order within 14 days and get a full refund.
For any goods that do not require a prescription
, you can cancel your order within 14 days and get a full refund.
If your order involves a photo-based pre-assessment
and you’d like to cancel, you should contact us. We may be able to offer a partial refund, depending on whether our doctors have started processing your order.
You can cancel a telephone consultation
and get a full refund up to the time of the appointment.
Refunds take 3 to 5 working days to appear in your bank account.
For safety reasons, we cannot accept the return of medicines or test kits as the pharmacy is not able to reuse them. If you have unwanted medicine or kits, please take them to a local pharmacy
for safe disposal.
Damaged or faulty goods
If your order is damaged or faulty, keep everything you’ve received (including the packaging) and send us a message us through your account. In the message, please include the order number and a photo of the damaged goods.
Once we’ve checked what happened, we’re usually able to send you a replacement order.
You can either send the damaged goods back to us, or dispose of them safely (see above).
Back to top