Ovestin 1mg Cream
Order Ovestin Online
Ovestin 1mg cream is a hormone replacement therapy used to treat menopause symptoms. It's applied inside the vagina and contains oestrogen.
You can place new and repeat orders for your treatment using our online doctor service. Simply fill in a short questionnaire and your online doctor can check to make sure treatment is suitable for you.
You can choose to have your medication delivered for free or to collect in-store.
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|Ovestin cream – 1x 15g tube||£25|
Price includes standard delivery or click and collect.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
Fully trusted and UK-regulated
✔ Regulated by the CQC
✔ GPhC-registered pharmacies
Ovestin cream is a medication that is used as a ‘hormone replacement therapy’ to treat the symptoms of menopause. It is used with an applicator that applies 1 0.5g dose of the cream at a time.
Use the information in your patient information leaflet to apply Ovestin to your vagina.
Applying the cream – use the applicator to apply the cream to your vagina, ideally before bed. Fill the applicator to the ‘ring mark’ to apply a correctly sized dose. Then follow these steps:
- Use the top of the cap to piece the foil seal underneath
- Screw the applicator onto the tube
- Squeeze the tube to fill the applicator up to the ring mark
- Remove the applicator and put the cap back on the tube
- Lie down and use the applicator to apply cream deep into your vagina. Push the plunger all the way to apply the whole dose
Pull the plunger out of the applicator and wash both in hot soap water. Do not use detergents or boiling water and rinse thoroughly afterwards.
If you forget a dose for up to 12 hours you can just take it when you remember. Any longer than this and you should skip the dose and wait for your next scheduled dose application. Never take 2 doses on the same day.
Stop using the cream and talk to your doctor as soon as possible if you experience:
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of your eyes (jaundice)
- New headaches
- A rise in your blood pressure (symptoms might include dizziness, headache, tiredness)
- Symptoms of an allergic reaction – wheezing, feeling dizzy, rashes, swelling of the face
- Signs of a blood clot – difficulty breathing, chest pain, or swollen or painful legs
- Or if you think you may be pregnant
Please make sure that you:
- See you doctor about any unexpected bleeding
- Check your breasts regularly and discuss any changes with your doctor
- Attend your regular smear tests and mammograms
- Have regular treatment reviews with your doctor
Make sure you give accurate information about the following during your assessment for HRT:
- Endometriosis or any womb problems
- A close family member having breast cancer
- Liver problems
- Gallbladder problems
- Systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Hereditary angioedema