Aldara is an imiquimod cream used to treat genital warts. It is directly applied to the infected areas and helps your immune system fight the virus which causes genital warts. You need a prescription to buy Aldara and you can use our convenient online doctor service to obtain both your prescription and medication.
You need to fill in a brief medical questionnaire and provide a photograph of the affected area, so our doctor can diagnose your skin condition. Nobody but our doctor will see the image you upload to your safe patient record. Our doctor will diagnose your condition and approve an appropriate treatment.
|Aldara - 1 month||£77.50|
|Aldara - 2 month||£120.00|
Prices include prescription and standard delivery.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 3 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
Order Aldara Cream Online
Genital warts are caused by a viral infection. Once you have been infected with the virus, you will carry it for life. This does not mean that you will have genital warts, it just means that the warts can return if your immune system is weakened (for example through illness or stress). Aldara cream fights existing warts. The cream is suitable for removing small soft warts. If the infection affects a large area or your warts are hard and large you should seek help from a local GP, who will suggest an alternative treatment method such as laser removal, freezing or surgery.
Apply Aldara cream as follows:
1. Wash your hands and the treatment area using a mild soap and water. Rinse and dry the application area thoroughly.
2. Aldara cream comes in several individual sachets. Use one sachet per application. Squeeze a small amount of Aldara onto your fingertip and spread it evenly in a thin layer on the affected area. Gently rub the cream into the skin until it has vanished completely.
3. Dispose of the used sachet and wash your hands thoroughly.
4. Leave the cream on for 6 - 10 hours before washing it off with a mild soap and water.
Where can I use Aldara?
Imiquimod can be used on the genitals and around the anus. It can not be used to treat internal warts inside the anus, vagina or the urethra (the hole where you pass urine). It is important that you avoid contact with lips, eyes, nostrils and mouth. Wash your hands immediately after application to reduce the risk of rubbing the cream in your eyes. You can not use Aldara on sore or damaged skin. Do not use bandages to cover up the area after using the cream.
We advise refraining from sexual activity whilst you have warts, but if you do have sex, you should not use the cream before sexual activity and you should remember that Aldara may weaken condoms or diaphragms.
If you experience discomfort during the treatment, wash the cream off and try using it again at a later date, when the skin irritation has subsided.
Who can not use Aldara?
You can not use Aldara or any other imiquimod cream if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Aldara cream has been found to be less effective in patients who are HIV positive. Tell your doctor if you have any condition which affects your immune system. Tell your doctor if you have recently had an unusual blood test result. The cream is recommended for use in adults only. You must tell your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to become pregnant.
Very common Aldara Side Effects
- peeling, flakiness
- small open sores
- hardening under the skin
- small bubbles under the skin
- burning sensation
Common side effects
Uncommon side effects (occur in fewer than 1 in 100 patients)
- flu-like symptoms
- joint and muscle pains
- pain during sex (females only)
- prolapse of the womb
- erectile problems
- increased perspiration
- stomach and bowel problems
- ringing in the ears
- tiredness and dizziness
- pins and needles
- loss of appetite
- swollen glands
- bacterial, viral or fungal infections (for example thrush or cold sores)
- lowering of blood counts, which can cause coughs, colds and sore throat, bruising or fatigue
- painful or itchy eyes, or vision problems
- hair loss around the treated area