How to use a sperm test
Step 1: Before getting your test kit
Do not ejaculate for at least 2 to 5 days before collecting your sample.
Step 2: After getting your test kit
Place the preserving liquid in the fridge
As soon as your test kit arrives, place the preserving liquid in the fridge. It must be kept in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
Activate your test kit
You need to do this so we can make sure you get your results.
Book your free courier
Before taking your test, you need to book your free courier. You will be provided clear instructions on how to do this. You must organise your courier before taking your test as you need to collect your sample 60 minutes before they arrive.
Take the preserving liquid out of the fridge
You must remove your preserving liquid from the fridge 45 minutes before collecting your sample. This is so that it can reach room temperature.
Step 3: Collect your sample
- Wash your hands and genitals thoroughly before using your test kit. Do not apply lubrication or saliva to your genitals, as this can impact your results.
- Ejaculate in the provided sample cup. You do not need to completely fill up the cup.
- Mix in the preserving liquid and give it a gentle swirl before sealing the sample cup.
- Place the sealed sample cup into the provided thermal container and activate the heat pack.
- Place the activated heat pack on top of the sample and seal the thermal container.
- Place the sealed thermal container into the provided packaging and give this to your courier.
Receiving your results
After the lab receives your sample, you should get results within 48 hours. We will send you a message to let you know you can view these results in your Superdrug Online Doctor account. All you have to do is log in to view your messages. We only provide clinical information through your patient account to guarantee your privacy and security.
Back to top