|6 tablets - three day course||£23|
Price includes prescription and delivery.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 3 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
You should take one trimethoprim tablet in the morning and one in the evening. The tablets need to be taken at the same time every day. You need to swallow each tablet whole with a glass of water. You can take the tablets with or without food.
If you forget to take a tablet, just take the missed trimethoprim dose as soon as you remember and then continue treatment at the correct time, but do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
It is very important that you take the full course you have been prescribed, even if your symptoms improve. Stopping treatment early could worsen your condition and it could mean that the bacteria which cause your infection become resistant to the antibiotic.
Trimethoprim and Alcohol
Trimethoprim does not interact with alcohol, which means that you can drink alcohol during your treatment. However, if you are taking trimethoprim for a UTI (urinary tract infection), you should avoid alcohol and ensure you drink plenty of clear fluids.
The following side effects can occur:
- trimethoprim can alter the numbers of certain blood cells, which might show up in blood tests
- nausea and feeling sick
- sore mouth
- rash (mild to severe)
- skin changes: itchy, scaly, flaking or swollen
- circular red patches on your skin
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome (a severe rash with flushing, fever, and blisters)
- toxic epidermal necrolysis (a severe rash with red, peeling, swollen skin that looks as if it has been burned)
- flushing, fever and ulcers
- changes is your liver enzymes (which may show in tests)
- jaundice (yellowing of the eyes)
- cramps, muscle pain, an irregular heartbeat, tiredness or weakness (caused by high potassium)
- swollen tongue
- increase of levels of creatinine or urea (which may show in kidney function tests)
Seek medical help immediately if:
- you experience unusual bruising, throat infections or nose bleeds
- you experience signs of an allergic reaction (such as swellings to the face or tongue, difficulty breathing, shock or fainting)
- you experience a headache, fever, unusual sensitivity to sunlight, a stiff neck or you feel very ill (which could be caused by aseptic meningitis)
For a full list of side effects read the patient leaflet provided with your antibiotic.
- certain antibiotics (for example rifampicin)
- some malaria medications (for example pyrimethamine)
- certain medications used to treat heart conditions (such as digoxin)
- medications to stop your blood clotting (for example warfarin)
- medications to prevent rejection after organ transplantation (for example ciclosporin)
- medications used to treat epilepsy
- bone marrow depressants
Tell your doctor about any other medication you are taking before beginning treatment with trimethoprim.
Very easy and quick to order. Saved the hassle of organising a dr appointment.
Great service product was ready and waiting within 2 hours of going online.
Product didn't work and cost £25!! All because I couldn't get into my doctors. What a waste of time
Product was fine. Delivery was very slow though.
Excellent quick and efficient service.
Excellent service , will use again
Very convenient, great when I was travelling and couldn't get to my doctors.
Good fast trusted service and product was as requested. However if I had been able to get a GP appointment at my local surgery, I would not have needed this service.
Good quick service for the times when you need an easy prescription and you'd have to wait a week to see a GP. Bit pricey, but useful and speedy.
I was a new customer, but it was easy to register and order what I needed. After answering some questions about my symptoms it was sorted. Went to the superdrug in Bridlington my prescription was ready and waiting. Very nice pharmacist. Sorted.
Worked well against uti cleared up quickly.
Absolutely excellent service
What a great service when I needed medication urgently
It was so easy to get the prescription drugs I so needed quickly. I ordered them and within three hours I picked them up from my local superdrug ...A big thankyou .
Very happy with the service and product. Tablets were very effective. Placed order at 11.30 and picked up order at 3.30. Own doctors couldn't get appointment for 10 days and was in no fit state to go out. So thank you superdrug and doctors involved. Would use service again..brilliant..(I did know what the medical problem was so knew what to order).
Great quick deliveries promised
Brilliant had the worst water infection ever got my antibiotics next day got rid ov it really quickly