Last reviewed: 05/03/2020 by Dr Simran Deo
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|3 month pack||£25.00|
|6 month pack||£30.00|
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
- Start taking Gedarel on the first day of your period
- After you finish the strip, stop taking Gedarel for 7 days. You should get a period-like bleed at this time. This is called a ‘withdrawal bleed’
- Start a new strip after 7 days
- Start each strip on the same day every time
All of the possible side effects of Gedarel are listed in the patient information leaflet.
Will I gain weight on Gedarel?
- are allergic to any of its ingredients
- have or have had a blood clot (thrombosis or embolus)
- have or have had a heart condition or stroke
- have any unexplained or unusual vaginal bleeding
- have or had had any disease that increases the risk of blood clots, like a family history, certain blood disorders, high blood pressure or high levels of cholesterol
- have or have had inflammation of the pancreas
- have or have had a liver disease, tumour of the liver or any abnormalities of the liver
- have signs of breast or cervical cancer or have had one of these types of cancer in the past
- epilepsy medication
- some antibiotics
- anti-retroviral medication (for HIV)
- other enzyme inducers
- laxatives or weight-loss medications
- herbal treatments like St John’s wort
- developing a blood clot
- getting cervical or breast cancer
What should I do if I get side effects?
Can I drink alcohol on Gedarel?
Can I take painkillers on Gedarel?
Can I delay my period when I’m taking Gedarel?
How does Gedarel work?
- stopping your ovaries from releasing an egg (ovulation) each month
- thickening the fluid inside your cervix (the neck of the womb), making it harder for sperm to reach an egg
- thinning the lining of your womb so that it’s more difficult for a fertilised egg to implant and grow
Great value for money, fast delivery
Was working too much to go to the doctors and this service is such a life saver! Arrived very quickly and was very easy to order, would definitely recommend.
Prefect for emergencies when you cannot get to the doctors