Last reviewed: 05/03/2020 by Dr Simran Deo
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|3 month pack||£25.00|
|6 month pack||£30.00|
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
Fully trusted and UK-regulated
✔ Regulated by the CQC
✔ GPhC-registered pharmacies
✔ Approved by the MHRA
- Start taking Gedarel on the first day of your period
- After you finish the strip, stop taking Gedarel for 7 days. You should get a period-like bleed at this time. This is called a ‘withdrawal bleed’
- Start a new strip after 7 days
- Start each strip on the same day every time
All of the possible side effects of Gedarel are listed in the patient information leaflet.
Will I gain weight on Gedarel?
- are allergic to any of its ingredients
- have or have had a blood clot (thrombosis or embolus)
- have or have had a heart condition or stroke
- have any unexplained or unusual vaginal bleeding
- have or had had any disease that increases the risk of blood clots, like a family history, certain blood disorders, high blood pressure or high levels of cholesterol
- have or have had inflammation of the pancreas
- have or have had a liver disease, tumour of the liver or any abnormalities of the liver
- have signs of breast or cervical cancer or have had one of these types of cancer in the past
- epilepsy medication
- some antibiotics
- anti-retroviral medication (for HIV)
- other enzyme inducers
- laxatives or weight-loss medications
- herbal treatments like St John’s wort
- developing a blood clot
- getting cervical or breast cancer
What should I do if I get side effects?
Can I drink alcohol on Gedarel?
Can I take painkillers on Gedarel?
Can I delay my period when I’m taking Gedarel?
How does Gedarel work?
- stopping your ovaries from releasing an egg (ovulation) each month
- thickening the fluid inside your cervix (the neck of the womb), making it harder for sperm to reach an egg
- thinning the lining of your womb so that it’s more difficult for a fertilised egg to implant and grow
Brilliant, saved a gp trip and fast delivery
Fast delivery. Bit pricey for 6 months supply
Excellent service from Superdrug always...takes the hassle out of ordering my medication. I have only ever received fast,reliable and helpful service for my orders. Highly recommended!
Great value for money, fast delivery
Was working too much to go to the doctors and this service is such a life saver! Arrived very quickly and was very easy to order, would definitely recommend.
Prefect for emergencies when you cannot get to the doctors