To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|Levest - 3 Month Course||£20|
|Levest - 6 Month Course||£25|
Prices include prescription and delivery.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
Fully trusted and UK-regulated
✔ Regulated by the CQC
✔ GPhC-registered pharmacies
Is Levest the same as Rigevidon?
Is Levest the same as Microgynon?
- Complete a brief online medical form
- One of our doctors will review your form and make sure it is safe for you to take Levest
- We will send Levest to your address or you can alternatively pick it up from your local Superdrug store (Click and Collect locations may be limited during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic)
- Our service at Superdrug Online Doctor is confidential and convenient. We will post your medication in discreet and unmarked packaging.
Can you get Levest over the counter?
Can you get Levest on the NHS?
- They prevent your ovaries from releasing an egg every month (you stop ovulating every month)
- They thin the lining of your womb so if an egg does get fertilised, it cannot easily implant in the womb
- The hormones also thicken the mucus in your cervix (neck of the womb), making it more difficult for sperm to get into the womb
How long does Levest take to work?
How effective is Levest?
- If you experience episodes of vomiting and diarrhoea
- Missing pills
- Taking other medicines that interact with Levest making it less effective
- Swallow each pill whole with water at the same time each day
- After taking the pill for 21 days, you should take a 7-day pill-free break (no pills for 7 days). During this time you will have a ‘withdrawal bleed’ similar to your monthly period
- After the 7 day pill free break, start a new strip of 21 pills and take them again for the next 21 days. Remember to start each strip on the same day every time.
When should I start taking Levest?
Can I take Levest without a break?
What happens if you miss a Levest pill?
- If you have missed a pill, take it as soon as you remember even if it means taking 2 pills on the same day. You will still be protected from pregnancy without needing emergency contraception (the morning after pill)
- If you miss a pill between day 14 and 21 of your 21 day strip, take the pill as soon as you remember and continue the strip as normal; in addition, skip the 7 day pill free break and start the next 21 day strip of pills immediately your current strip ends
- If you miss more than one pill, you may not be protected from pregnancy; continue to take the pill and finish your current strip, but use an additional form of contraception like condoms for the next 7 days
- If you miss more than one pill and you have unprotected sex during this period, you will need to use emergency contraception (the morning after pill)
Can I use Levest as emergency contraception?
- Sore breasts
- Change in weight
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Changes in mood
- Skin rash
- Changes in interest in sex
- Fluid retention
- Vaginal discharge
- Allergic reactions (difficulty breathing, swelling of face, mouth, skin rashes) - seek immediate medical attention if you experience any signs of an allergic reaction when using Levest
What should I do if I experience side effects from taking Levest?
- Breast cancer
- Migraine with aura
- Problems with your kidney or liver
- Heart attack
- Crohn’s disease, IBS or ulcerative colitis
- Blood clot in your legs or your lungs
- Blood clotting disorders or a family history of blood clotting disorders
- High blood pressure or heart disease
- Sickle cell anaemia
- Blood clots - certain risk factors like obesity, smoking, diabetes or high blood pressure can make blood clotting more likely. If you experience symptoms of a blood clot like difficulty breathing, chest pain, swelling or pain in your leg, seek emergency medical attention
- Bleeding or spotting between periods - this should improve after the first 3 months of taking the pill. If the bleeding doesn’t stop or becomes very heavy, speak to your doctor for advice and to rule out other causes
- Breast cancer - the risk is higher if you have a family history. You should speak to your doctor if you notice any changes in your breasts, such as a breast lump or changes in your nipple
Levest drug interactions
- Hepatitis C
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal infections
- Does Levest make your breasts grow?
- Does Levest increase your risk of blood clots?
- Does the Levest pill help acne?
- Can Levest make you depressed?
- Can Levest cause changes to your weight?
- Does the Levest pill stop periods?
- Can Levest cause mood swings?
- Can Levest give you low libido?
- Can I drink while taking Levest?
- Can I take painkillers when taking Levest?
- Can I take Levest when I’m breastfeeding?
- 5.3/10 on Drugs.com
- 3 out 5 stars on Theldown
- Combined pill (2020) NHS [accessed 21 February 2021]
- Combined hormonal contraceptives and venous thromboembolism: review confirms risk is small (2014) GOV.UK [accessed 21 February 2021]
- Ethinyl estradiol and levonorgestrel (2019) Drugs.com [accessed 21 February 2021]
- Levest (2020) Theldown [accessed 21 February 2021]
- Levest: a contraceptive pill (2018) Net Doctor [accessed 21 February 2021]
- Levest patient information leaflet (2020) EMC [accessed 21 February 2021]
I’m using for a year with no issues at all. Delivery is always very fast.
They always remind me to refill (I am forgetful so this I super helpful for me), deliver very quickly and have a wide range of products. Blood clots do run in my family so I know there are risks with what I buy and the doctors take extra precautions because of this. It all seems very similar to the process I would got rough with my GP. But I don't need to leave the house!
The exact one I always use, quickly delivered.
I ordered this product 10 days ago and it still hasn’t arrived. I’ve now missed my pill.
Great service answer any questions fast delivery
Good service, fast shipping
Quick, easy, prompt delivery
Very quick and easy service. Product arrived very quickly and approved by a doctor so highly recommend
Easy website to use and useful During lockdown
Easy to use and convenient! Prices are ok obviously could get for free but the hassle of the drs is probably worth paying!!
My old pill isn’t sold anymore and I expected to be feeling somewhat off when switching to this but that couldn’t be further from the truth. No complaints whatsoever.
I've used this brand of medicine before so it was just the case of getting hold of it quickly and easily. The online form was simple to fill out and I was able to choose a same day delivery service which really helped me out! I ordered them at 12pm and they were delivered by 3pm. Absolutely amazing.
Thank you because helped me!!
Easy to use, delivered quickly. Would highly recommend- will definitely use again.
After coming back from uni to an unregistered doctors surgery that had no interest on helping me get my prescription, I didn't know what to do. Luckily after a quick google I stumbled across this service and have never looked back, I payed £23 for a 3 months prescription of my contraception with next day delivery! It was promised before 1pm and came at 9am, perfectly before I'm scheduled to take the pill! Would recommend to anyone who's lost faith in the NHS services
arrived promptly and in good packaging
My prescription sorted very quickly and that is what I needed! Hassle free service. Thank you!
Quickly processed, super easy to collect.
the questionnaire to fill out before placing order was not time consuming but asked all the same questions that i usually get asked by to my face by my doctor, the whole process was very time efficient with good delivery options to suit your needs. will defiantly use superdrug online doctor for this service again instead of going to my doctors. the rice of the prescription was also reasonably cheap and not overpriced.
Great service. Very quick and efficient and I can pick up my order when it is convenient for me. Also like that it can be available on the day you order, 3 hours later! Will be using this service more in the future.
Very quick delivery! Thanks