Why do some people experience anxiety during sex?
There are lots of reasons why people experience anxiety before or during sex. These can include:
- unrealistic expectations of their own sexual abilities
- low self-esteem and body image
- perceived previous failure
- fear of rejection by their partner
- fear of not satisfying their partner
- fear of not climaxing, or of prematurely climaxing
- stress, leading to lack of desire and concentration
Regardless of the reason for anxiety during sex, the effect is the same: if you are worrying during sex, you are not relaxing and concentrating on the sex.