How can I get Alprostadil?
Alprostadil is a prescription-only medication, so you'll need to get assessed by a doctor first. You can also get a prescription for Vitaros, which is an Alprostadil cream, with Superdrug Online Doctor. Alprostadil is not offered to everyone who wants treatment for ED. It is only prescribed under certain circumstances, usually after you have tried other forms of treatment, like PDE-5 inhibitors (like Viagra) or therapy.
Alprostadil is the generic (chemical) name of the treatment, but it is also known as:
These are all branded versions of the same drug, which do the same thing as the medicine called Alprostadil.
Who can’t use Alprostadil? - you can’t use Alprostadil if:
- You have had a recent heart attack or fainting episodes related to your heart
- You are at risk of priapism (a painful, prolonged erection)
- You have an increased risk of blood clots
- You have been told not to have penetrative sex because of the impact to your heart
- You suffer from sickle cell disease, leukaemia, or bone marrow cancer
You can’t use the Alprostadil urethral pellet if:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients in Alprostadil
- You have certain conditions that change the structure of your penis
- You have an infection of the penis, for example balanitis