Spedra is the fastest working erectile dysfunction pill available, getting to work in just 15 to 30 minutes, which can be great if you don’t want to plan sex in advance. Spedra contains the active ingredient avanafil, so it works in a similar way to Viagra and other erectile dysfunction tablets.
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|4 tablets||from £49|
|8 tablets||from £89|
100mg and 200mg tablets available
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
Fully trusted and UK-regulated
✔ Regulated by the CQC
✔ GPhC-registered pharmacies
|Pack Size||Spedra 100mg||Spedra 200mg|
(£12.25 per pill)
(£18.50 per pill)
(£11.13 per pill)
(£17.39 per pill)
How to buy Spedra online
If you need help getting and keeping erections hard enough for sex, you can order Spedra online. You do not need to have used Spedra before, you don’t need a paper prescription, or have an erectile dysfunction diagnosis from a doctor – just follow the steps below:
- Start an order by clicking on the ‘Order Now’ button above
- Complete a short online assessment by answering questions about your health and lifestyle
- A Superdrug doctor will check your answers and approve the treatment if it’s right for you
- If the doctor decides Spedra is not right for you, they’ll send you a message explaining this and offer advice on what to do next.
Spedra is a medication for erectile dysfunction PDE5-inhibitor. This is the name for the group of medications used to treat erectile dysfunction to help men get and keep erections. You might know other medications from the same group such as Viagra and Cialis.
Spedra is the fastest erectile dysfunction pill, getting to work in just 15 minutess, compared to others that take 30 to 60 mins to work.
- Read the patient information leaflet that comes with your medication
- Take Spedra as advised by your doctor, 15 mins before you want to have sex
- Swallow your pill whole with water
- Only take Spedra once every 24 hours
Tips for taking Spedra
To get the best results from spedra, and to keep your risk of side effects low:
- Don’t eat a heavy meal before taking it, as this makes it harder for your body to absorb your medication
- Avoid alcohol. Drinking can make it harder to get erections and may make side effects more likely
- Avoid grapefruit juice which can also make side effects worse
- Try to stay relaxed and make sure you’re aroused when you take Spedra
- You can’t use Spedra with other erectile dysfunction medications, but you can combine it with other treatments, like penis pumps, to improve your chances of success
There are 3 doses of Spedra, 50mg, 100mg and 200mg. The dose refers to how much of the active ingredient, avanafil, is in each pill.
This is the standard starting dosage of Spedra. If you’ve never tried Spedra before, this is the dose we recommend trying. It has a lower risk of side effects than the 200mg dose and works for most people who try it.
This is the higher dose of Spedra. A higher dose can mean a greater risk of side effects, but it can still work for some people who didn’t get results from the 100mg dose and didn’t get any side effects. If you’ve already tried 100mg of Spedra and didn’t get the effect you wanted, you could order this dosage to see if it works better for you.
You should always check with your doctor before making any changes to the dose of your medication.
This is a low dose of Spedra. It is slightly less likely to work than 100mg but it has a lower risk of side effects and can be safer for men with some health conditions. The risk of side effects from Spedra is low, so we still recommend starting on 100mg for a better chance of success.
If you try Spedra 100mg and experience side effects, you can try switching to 50mg with the help of your doctor.
We don’t offer 50mg Spedra tablets.
Spedra works for 52% to 71% of people who try it. Here are some patient reviews showing how people who’ve used Stendra (another brand of avanafil medication like Spedra) rate it as a treatment:
On drugs.com it’s rated 5.7 out of 10
On webmd.com it has average ratings of 2.68 for effectiveness, 4.03 for ease of use, and 2.48 for satisfaction
Spedra vs Viagra vs Cialis
|Our price from||£19.99||£44.00||£49.00|
|How effective are they?||74%||60-70%||52-71%|
|Over the counter version?||Viagra Connect||No||No|
|Available in a daily dosage?||No||
|How fast do they work?||30-60 minutes||30 minutes||15-30 minutes|
|How long do they last?||4-6 hours||Up to 36 hours||6 hours|
|Chance of side effects||Less than 2%||Less than 2%||2% or over|
- Spedra, Viagra, and Cialis are all safe and effective erectile dysfunction treatments. If you want help choosing:
- Spedra takes the least time to start working which can be good if you don’t want to wait as long to have sex. Cialis Daily is also a good choice since it’s always working and you don’t have to plan sex.
- Viagra and Cialis both have cheaper generic versions if you want an affordable treatment.
- Cialis lasts longest, up to 36 hours. Plus Cialis Daily is always working so its effects don’t stop as long as you keep taking it every day.
- Viagra Connect is the only option you can buy in a pharmacy if you want to get over the counter treatment.
Spedra is a safe medication as long as a doctor has approved you taking it. Still, like all medications it can cause side effects. It can also react with other medications and it may not be safe for people with certain health conditions. So, it’s important you give your doctor accurate information about your health and any medication you’re currently taking when you order Spedra.
Spedra Side Effects
Just over 2% of people who use Spedra get side effects. The people who do get side effects usually find they aren’t serious and are manageable. Spedra can cause some serious side effects though.
This table shows what proportions of people experience different side effects while taking Spedra
Common side effects (can affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- headache - 5.6% of people get this side effect
- flushing - 3.5% of people get this side effect
- nasal congestion (stuffiness) - 2.1% of people get this side effect
Uncommon side effects (can affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- feeling dizzy
- feeling sleepy or very tired
- sinus congestion
- back pain
- hot flush
- feeling out of breath when you exert yourself
- heartbeat changes seen on a heart tracing (ECG)
- increased heart beat
- feeling your heartbeat in your chest (palpitations)
- indigestion, feeling or being sick to your stomach
- blurry vision
- raised liver enzymes
Rare side effects (can affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- flu-like illness
- stuffy or runny nose
- hay fever
- congestion in the nose, sinuses, or upper part of the airway bringing air into the lungs
- trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- premature ejaculation
- feeling strange
- feeling unable to keep still
- chest pain
- serious chest pain
- fast heart beat
- high blood pressure
- dry mouth
- stomach ache or heartburn
- pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen
- pain in the lower back or side of lower chest
- muscle aches or pains
- muscle spasms
- frequent urination
- penile disorder
- spontaneous erection without sexual stimulation
- itching in the genital area
- feeling weak or tired all the time
- swelling in the feet or ankles
- increased blood pressure
- pink or red urine, blood in the urine
- abnormal extra sound from the heart
- an abnormal blood test result for a prostate test called ‘PSA’
- an abnormal blood test result for bilirubin, a chemical produced from the normal breakdown of red blood cells
- an abnormal blood test result for creatinine, a chemical excreted in the urine, and a measure of kidney function
- weight gain
If you get any of the follow serious side effects, get emergency medical help right away:
- an erection that will not go away (priapism)
- blurred vision
- a sudden decrease or loss of vision in one or both eyes
- a sudden decrease or loss of hearing (you might also feel dizzy or have ringing in your ears)
Spedra and health conditions
Some health conditions can make Spedra unsafe to take. These include:
- Priapism, which is a persistent erection lasting 4 hours or more
- A physical condition that affects the shape of your penis (like angulation, Peyronie’s disease or cavernosal fibrosis)
- Any bleeding disorder or active peptic ulceration.
- Being allergic to avanafil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6)
- Having serious cardiac problem
- If you’ve had a stroke or heart attack in the last 6 months
- Having low blood pressure or high blood pressure that isn’t controlled by medications
- Having chest pain (angina) or you get chest pain during sex
- Having a serious liver or kidney problem
- Loss of vision in one eye due to not enough blood getting to your eye (non-arteritic
- ischemic optic neuropathy [NAION])
- If certain serious eye problems run in your family (such as retinitis pigmentosa)
Drugs that react with Spedra
Some medications aren’t safe to take with Spedra, including:
- Nitrate medications for chest pain (angina), such as amyl nitrite or glyceryl trinitrate
- Medications for HIV or AIDS such as ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir or atazanavir
- Medications for fungal infections such as ketoconazole, itraconazole or voriconazole or certain antibiotics for bacterial infections, such as clarithromycin or telithromycin
- Alpha-blockers – for prostate problems or for lowering your high blood pressure
- Medications for an irregular heartbeat (“arrhythmia”) such as quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone, or sotalol
- Antibiotics for infections such as erythromycin
- Phenobarbital or primidone – for epilepsy
- Carbamazepine – for epilepsy, to stabilise your mood or for certain types of pain
- Medications that may reduce the breakdown of Spedra in the body, including amprenavir, aprepitant, diltiazem, fluconazole, fosamprenavir, and verapamil