Order Avanafil Online
Avanafil (Spedra) it the new type of erectile dysfunction medication and stands out from other medications because it can start working in only 15 minutes.
Avanafil was designed to be:
- Be fast-acting; AND
- Have fewer side effects
To place an order, fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment.
|4 tablets||from £49|
|8 tablets||from £89|
100mg and 200mg tablets available. Prices include delivery and prescription
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 4 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
Avanafil is a medicine used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED):
- It is a type of ‘PDE-5 inhibitor’ (an oral medicine used to treat ED). PDE-5 inhibitors are usually the first option for the medical treatment of ED
- It was approved for use in the UK in 2012
- It was designed to be quick-acting and highly selective (this means there is a bigger increase in the effect of the medication as you increase the dose)
- Avanafil is the active ingredient in the drugs Spedra and Stendra
The table below shows Avanafil compared to other erectile dysfunction medications – Cialis and Viagra:
|How quickly does it start working?||15-30 mins||30 mins||60 mins|
|How long does it last?||Over 6 hours
|Can it affect your eyesight?||No
|Is it strongly affected by alcohol or fatty foods?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Dose the dosage have a relatively big impact on effect?||Yes||No||No|
Avanafil is the generic name for this medicine, so ‘Avanafil’ is also the name of the active ingredient in the medicine. Stendra and Spedra are both brand names of Avanafil but, medically speaking, they are all the same.
Avanafil was originally only sold under a branded name, like Sildenafil (Viagra), so only one company could set the price. Now the patent for its name has since run out, and Avanafil is available in its cheaper, unbranded form.
Spedra is the most common brand of Avanafil in England, and Stendra is more common in the US. Avanafil, Stendra, and Spedra are all licensed for use in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in the UK.
What's the easiest way to get Avanafil?
The easiest way to get Avanafil is getting it online:
- Complete a short health assessment with an online doctor service like Superdrug Online Doctor
- Request Avanafil as your preferred medication
- Your online doctor will check your request to see if Avanafil is right for you
- If your request for ED treatment is approved, our pharmacists will post your medication to your door, with free delivery
- You don't need a previous prescription or diagnosis for erectile dysfunction
What's the cheapest way to get Avanafil?
Avanafil prices vary in different pharmacies and online doctors. Superdrug Online Doctor prices for Avanafil are the cheapest available and start from just £49.
You can also order Avanafil by getting a prescription from your GP and taking it to your local pharmacy. Most pharmacies will stock this medicine. Avanafil is a prescription medicine, and you should only take it if it has been prescribed to you by a doctor.
What are the advantages of Avanafil?
Reviews for Avanafil have all been broadly positive. The medicine is relatively new at 5 years old, but it has already proven to be a highly effective form of treatment for ED that doesn't bother users too much with side effects.
Some of the benefits seen by reviewers were that it is:
- Fast-acting – 15-30 mins compared to 1hr for Viagra.
- Safe – approved for clinical use in the UK.
- Easy to use – swallowing a simple 1-a-day pill.
- Effective – 40-65% of those taking it can successfully attempt sex.
On average, Avanafil takes 15-30 minutes to take effect. This is about half the time that other ED treatments, like Viagra, take to work. When combined with sexual stimulation, Avanafil typically induces erections strong enough for penetration, for 4 hours or more.
How effective is Avanafil?
According to recent studies, Avanafil is able to produce erections strong enough for sexual activity in:
- 40-45% of men on a 50 mg dosage.
- 55-60% of men on a 100 mg dosage.
- 60-65% of men on a 200 mg dosage.
This is compared with 25-30% of men on a placebo pill (one containing no medication).
The effectiveness of Avanafil is related to the size of the dose, meaning that on average, users taking a higher dosage are more likely to achieve an erection.This is not always the case, and will vary for each person. No matter what the dose is, once Avanafil has taken effect it should last for around 6 hours.
Avanafil has been found to be most effective in men with mild to moderate ED. Like Viagra and Cialis, eating a fatty meal before taking the medicine can affect how long it takes to work, although not as much.
How much Avanafil should I take to start?The initial dose for an adult over 18 years old is usually 100 mg, taken 15-30 minutes before sexual activity. Your doctor will help you decide on your first dose and on the next dose depending on how well this first dose works
There are three different doses of Avanafil available:
- 50 mg.
- 100 mg.
- 200 mg.
Some men will find that they are able to achieve an erection strong enough for sexual activity on a lower dose of Avanafil. Other men may need a higher dose. The most Avanafil you can take per day is one dose (pill). So the most Avanafil any person should take is one pill of the strongest dose – 200 mg in 24 hours.
Should I be taking Avanafil?
Avanafil can be a great choice for men who:
- Have had their eyesight affected by other PDE-5 inhibitors.
- Want a medication that works quickly.
- Don't want to worry as much about drinking or diet affecting their medication.
However, not everyone can take Avanafil because it can cause problems depending on if you have pre-existing health conditions or which drugs you're currently taking:
- You should not take Avanafil if you have:
- Severe heart or liver problems.
- Having had a recent stroke or heart attack.
- You should also not take Avanafil if you are already taking:
- Clarithromycin and erythromycin (antibiotics).
- ‘Alpha-blockers’ (used to treat high blood pressure and enlarged prostates).
There is a chance that some men can get side effects from taking Avanafil.
Common (affecting 1 in 10) side effects for Avanafil include:
- A blocked nose.
- Flushing (of the skin).
Uncommon (affecting 1 in 100) side effects include:
- Back pain.
- Muscle cramps.
- Changes in heartbeat.
Alwaal, A., Al-Mannie, R. and Carrier S. (2011). Future prospects in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: focus on avanafil. Drug Des, Dev and Ther, Oct; 5(1): 435-443.
Corona, G, Maggi, M. and Jannini, E. A. (2016). Avanafil: the second-generation treatment of erectile dysfunction. Eur Med J, Aug; 1(3): 61-69.
Delvin, D. (2016). Avanafil. [online] NetDoctor. Available at: https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/sexual/a12165/avanafil/ [Accessed 4th August 2020].
Eardley, I. et al (2010). Pharmacotherapy for Erectile Dysfunction. Sex Med, Jan; 7(1): 524-540.
Evans, J. D. and Hill, S. R. (2015). A comparison of the available phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: a focus on avanafil. Pat Pref Adh, Aug; 9(12): 1159-1164.
Greenspan, M. B. and Barkin, J. (2012). Erectile dysfunction and testosterone deficiency syndrome: the “portal to men’s health”. Can J Ur, Oct; 19(1): 18-27.
Joint Formulary Committee, 2017. Avanafil. In: Joint Formulary Committee. British National Formulary. [online]. London: BMJ Group and Pharmaceutical Press. Available from: https://www.evidence.nhs.uk/formulary/bnf/current/7-obstetrics-gynaecology-and-urinary-tract-disorders/74-drugs-for-genito-urinary-disorders/745-drugs-for-erectile-dysfunction/phosphodiesterase-type-5-inhibitors/avanafil [Accessed 24 May 2017].
NICE.org (2014). Erectile dysfunction: avanafil. [online] NICE. Available at:
https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/esnm45/chapter/key-points-from-the-evidence [Accessed 17 May 2017].