Are there any ways to naturally boost testosterone?
‘Natural’ testosterone-boosting products probably aren’t going to help – see the “Do any testosterone-boosting supplements work?” section above for more details.
Other than supplements, there are some natural methods for boosting your testosterone levels which have been looked into:
- Resistance training: exercising using weights can increase your testosterone levels straight after you exercise.
- Lowering stress: having a high level of stress in your life can lower your testosterone levels.
- Lowering weight: if you have a BMI that falls in the obese category, your blood testosterone levels may well be low. Losing weight can help boost your testosterone levels naturally.
- Time between orgasms: waiting for seven days between orgasms have been shown to increase testosterone levels. On the other hand, having sex is also shown to increase testosterone levels.
- Competitions: testosterone levels have been shown to rise just before taking part in competitions. And, testosterone levels rise when players win competitions.
- Sleeping well: sleep deprivation can decrease your testosterone levels because testosterone naturally rises during sleep. Make sure you have a good sleep schedule to boost your testosterone levels naturally.
Some of these, like managing your weight, stress, and sleep, can help make sure your testosterone levels are at their best. Plus they’re great for your general health too.
But, throwing yourself into excessive weight-lifting, competition, or scheduling your orgasms is probably not going to be a great idea. Even if they have some impact on testosterone levels, they aren’t necessary for keeping up healthy normal levels and we don’t recommend using them to try and give yourself a higher amount of testosterone than normal.