|Symbicort inhaler||from £100|
|Seretide inhaler||from £60|
|Pulmicort inhaler||from £40|
|Fostair inhaler||from £100|
|Clenil modulite inhaler||from £30|
Prices include prescription and delivery.
In a hurry? Choose Click and Collect and pick up your order after just 3 hours from a Superdrug Pharmacy.
Preventer asthma inhalers
What are preventer inhalers for?Preventer inhalers are usually prescribed if a reliever inhaler such as salbutamol does not suffice to control your asthma symptoms. This may be the case if you are experiencing symptoms at night or if you suffer from asthma symptoms more than three times a week. You may also be prescribed a preventer inhaler if you suffer serious asthma attacks or if you have to use your reliever inhaler several times a week.
Preventer inhalers do not usually provide fast relief from symptoms but when used over a long period of time they prevent symptoms and asthma attacks. Some preventer inhalers, however, can also be used to treat acute symptoms. Your GP will advise you on how and when to use your inhaler when you receive your original prescription.
How do they work?
How quickly do preventer inhalers work?
The brown inhaler
Preventer inhaler colours
Steroid inhaler side effects
- a fungal infection of the throat and mouth
- a hoarse voice
- a sore throat
- rinse your mouth and brush your teeth after using your preventer inhaler
- use an inhaler spacer (this will help you inhale the correct amount of medicine and ensure that you don’t need to change your dosage due to an inefficient inhaler technique)
- make sure you understand how to use your inhaler correctly
- use a breath activated inhaler if you
Steroids for asthma
Use our online assessment to order treatment. A Superdrug Online Doctor will review your order and approve appropriate treatment.