How do you treat stress related hair loss?
If you’re losing hair because you’re stressed or anxious, then the first thing to do is to get your stress levels under control. Try to have patience, your hair should grow back in a few months.
Some tips for dealing with stress:
- get plenty of sleep (aim for 7-8 hours a day)
- drink lots of water and try to eat healthily
- avoid too much sugar or caffeine
- exercise regularly
- practice yoga, meditation or mindfulness
- talk to someone about your problems
- take some time off and let your body recover if you’ve been through a physical accident or illness
Above all, try not to panic. This is always a lot easier said than done, but hair loss due to stress is only short-term and can be completely reversible.
Talk to your nurse or doctor if you’re worried things aren’t returning back to normal after you’ve tried dealing with stress on your own. They’ll be able to give you some more advice and carry out further tests to diagnose your condition.