Terms and Conditions
Superdrug Online Doctor
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you start to use the website. By using our website and services, you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from using our website and services. All consultations and prescriptions are subject to the terms and conditions of this website.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. Information about us
1. 1.1https://onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/ie/ is a website and service operated by HEALTH BRIDGE LIMITED ("We"/”Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07392646 and have our registered office and trading address at Superdrug Online Doctor, Health Bridge Limited, 46 Essex Road, London, N1 8LN, United Kingdom.
1.2 You can contact us using the following email address ([email protected]) or by telephone using the following number (020 3588 0293).
1.3 We are registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and as such we comply with the Health and Social Care Act 2008. Our doctors are registered with and regulated by the Irish Medical Council and General Medical Council (GMC) and as such comply with the Good Medical Practice Guidelines.
2. Our Services and how you should use our Service
2.1 The Superdrug Online Doctor - What we do
· We provide medical consultations based on online questionnaires you complete, telephone conversations, secure messaging and photo assessments.
· If we determine based on our medical assessment that you are suitable for treatment we will issue a prescription, which will be sent to you by post to an address of your choice.
· We provide follow-up medical advice to address any side effects and other issues arising from treatment. Where you agree, we keep your GP informed.
2.2 The Superdrug Online Doctor - How it works
• When you visit our website for the first time you have the option to register prior to using our services or immediately select one of our Services. If you immediately start using our services you will be required to register before submitting a questionnaire.
• We offer 2 types of services: (i) a one-step service; and (ii) a two-step service.
o If you select the one-step service you will be asked to complete a questionnaire, register on our website, pay the applicable fee and press submit. Once you have submitted the questionnaire a binding contract is formed between you and us. We will email you or send you a sms (as determined by you) with a confirmation that you have successfully registered with Superdrug Online Doctor and that We have received your questionnaire. Our doctors will review the questionnaire and, provided that you are suitable for remote medical treatment, issue a prescription. Once you have submitted a questionnaire our doctors aim to respond to you within 24 hours on weekdays. You accept that once you have submitted the questionnaire you can no longer cancel this service. This is because our doctors will commence reviewing your questionnaire once you have clicked the submit button.
o If you select the two-step service, you will be asked to complete an initial questionnaire, register on our website and press submit. We will email you or sms you (as determined by you) with confirmation that you have successfully registered with The Superdrug Online Doctor and that we have received your questionnaire. Our doctors will review the initial questionnaire and determine whether you are suitable for remote prescribing. If you are suitable, our doctors will notify you by email or sms (as determined by you) to offer you a prescription. To confirm the prescription you will need to log on to your electronic patient record on the Superdrug Online Doctor website, complete a further questionnaire and click the order button. Once you have clicked the order button a binding contract is formed between you and us. Our doctors will review the further questionnaire and, provided that you are still suitable for remote medical treatment, prescribe a treatment to you. You accept that once you have submitted the further questionnaire and clicked the order button you can no longer cancel this service. This is because our doctors may commence providing the service to you from the moment you order the service.
o All our medical questionnaires have been carefully prepared and are compliant with medical best practice.
o Your prescriptions are dispatched to an address of your choice.
o Professional codes of conduct and legal restrictions may limit the number and frequency of any prescriptions we are permitted to supply to you and, as such, we have no obligation to supply quantities exceeding the relevant permitted maximum and will charge only for those we do supply. We reserve the right to reject any order.
o If you would like to discontinue visiting Health Bridge Limited as a patient you can click on the suspend button in your electronic patient record. Your account will become inactive with immediate effect and you will not be able to access your electronic patient record. This action cannot be undone. You acknowledge and agree that Health Bridge Limited is required, in line with the national guidelines, to archive electronic patient records including your personal information, communication and prescriptions.
Our website is only intended for use by people resident in Ireland (the “Serviced Countries”).
2.3 How you should use our Services
By placing an order through our website, you confirm that:
• You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
• You are at least 18 years old;
• You are resident in one of the Serviced Countries; and
• You are accessing our website from that country.
2.4 You must use our website and Services with care and in compliance with the below:
• The provision of Services to you is conditional on you completing all consultation questionnaires contained on our website truthfully and honestly. You must reveal and disclose all relevant information truthfully to the best of your knowledge.
• You are not allowed to register more than once;
• Please do not register or complete questionnaires on behalf of anyone other than yourself, unless you have permission to do so from the individual and we receive express verbal consent from the individual;
• We cannot and are not liable for any damages which results from: (i) a failure by you to provide (and continuously maintain) complete, truthful and accurate information in your Patient Record and in all questionnaires you complete or any other information you provide to Us; (ii) a failure of you to follow advice given on the website or from your failure to pass on information given on the website to your regular healthcare provider. You accept that the advice given on the website does not replace your regular healthcare provider. You must tell your regular healthcare provider about prescriptions we supply.
• All the information on our website is in English. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you understand the questions in the questionnaires you complete on our website. You must speak to your regular healthcare provider if you do not understand a question or are unsure how you should answer certain questions or you do not fully understand the advice or information given to you on our site.
• If medicine is prescribed and dispensed to you, you are responsible for checking that the medicine is the correct medicine prescribed by The Superdrug Online Doctor on our site and that such medicine is not damaged in any way. If in doubt, you must contact the Superdrug Pharmacy to seek advice and/or replacement as required. Do not consume any medicine which is not the medicine prescribed or which is damaged on arrival.
• You must carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use. If you purchase medicine in advance of your need to consume these, please ensure you do not consume medicine which is out of date.
• Please ensure that no-one other than yourself has access to any prescriptions that we make available to you.
3. Pricing, payment, cancellation
3.1 We are required by law to inform patients of the costs of prescriptions before consultations. We will ensure that our prices for consultations, diagnosis and medical prescriptions are clearly set out on our website. Postage charges are shown before ordering. There are no hidden charges.
9. Written communication Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights. 10. Viruses, hacking and other offences 10.1 You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. 10.2 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. 10.3 By breaching this clause 10, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. 10.4 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. 11. Linking to our website 11.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it in any way whatsoever, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. 11.2 You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. 11.3 Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. 11.4 If you wish to make any use of material on our website other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected] 12. Links from our website Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. 13. Jurisdiction and applicable law 13.1 The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. 13.2 These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. 14. Entire agreement These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the use of our website and the Services made available on it. 15. Variations We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website. 16. Your concerns If you have any concerns about material which appears on our website or concerns with regards to our services, please contact do[email protected] And finally, thank you for visiting our website and using our services. The Superdrug Online Doctor Team 17. Complaints Policy At Superdrug Online Doctor, we use an internal complaints procedure to make sure we handle all complaints in the best way possible. Our procedure has 7 steps: Categorise, Acknowledge, Investigate, Action, Respond, Report, Learn. As part of this procedure, we’re committed to confirming that a relevant manager has received any complaint within 24 hours of it being made. We then investigate the events surrounding each complaint to get a full understanding of what has occurred. After we’ve investigated the complaint you’ve made, we’ll send you a written response explaining what was done to resolve it. We might ask you for further information if necessary. Please note that the time it’ll take to run an investigation will depend on the nature of the complaint and the people involved, but we’ll update you regularly as it goes on. At the start of the investigation, we’ll give you contact information for the manager that is investigating your complaint so you can contact them directly if you need to. Once the investigation is completed and you’ve received a written response from us, a follow-up procedure will take place internally to ensure that we learn and improve our processes, avoiding situations like yours in the future. If you’re not satisfied with the responses or solutions we provided, we’ll give you information on where you can get extra help.