Terms and Conditions
Superdrug Online Doctor
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you start to use the Website. By using our Website and Services, you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from using our Website and Services. All consultations and prescriptions are subject to the terms and conditions of this Website.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. Information about us
1. 1.1https://onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/ie/is a Website and service operated by Health Bridge Medical Limited ("we"/”us”). We are registered in Ireland under company number 648769 and have our registered office at Superdrug Online Doctor, Health Bridge Medical Limited, 6-9 Trinity Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, D02 EY47, Ireland.
1.2 You can contact us using the following email address ([email protected]) or by telephone using the following number (01 619 0229).
1.3 Our doctors are registered with and regulated by the Irish Medical Council and as such comply with the Guide to Professional Conduct and Ethics for Registered Medical Practitioners.
2. Our Services and how you should use our Service
2.1 The Superdrug Online Doctor - What we do
- We provide medical consultations based on online questionnaires you complete, telephone conversations, secure messaging and photo assessments.
- If we determine based on our medical assessment that you are suitable for treatment we will issue a prescription, which will be sent to you by post to an address of your choice.
- We provide follow-up medical advice to address any side effects and other issues arising from treatment. Where you agree, we keep your GP informed.
Superdrug Online Doctor is NOT to be used in an EMERGENCY situation.
If you believe that you or the person you are assisting is in an urgent or emergency situation you should dial 999 or seek alternative emergency medical services.
2.2 The Superdrug Online Doctor - How it works
- When you visit our Website for the first time you have the option to register prior to using our Services or immediately select one of our Services. If you immediately start using our Services you will be required to register before submitting a questionnaire.
- You will be asked to complete a questionnaire, register on our Website, pay the applicable fee and press submit. We will email you or send you a sms (as determined by you) with a confirmation that you have successfully registered with Superdrug Online Doctor and that we have received your questionnaire. Our doctors will review the questionnaire and, provided that you are suitable for remote medical treatment, issue a prescription. Once you have submitted a questionnaire our doctors aim to respond to you within 24 hours on weekdays.
- All our medical questionnaires have been carefully prepared and are compliant with medical best practice.
- Your prescriptions are dispatched to an address of your choice.
- Professional codes of conduct and legal restrictions may limit the number and frequency of any prescriptions we are permitted to supply to you and, as such, we have no obligation to supply quantities exceeding the relevant permitted maximum and will charge only for those we do supply. We reserve the right to reject any order.
- If you would like to discontinue visiting Health Bridge Medical Limited as a patient you can click on the suspend button in your electronic patient record. Your account will become inactive with immediate effect and you will not be able to access your electronic patient record. This action cannot be undone. You acknowledge and agree that Health Bridge Medical Limited is required, in line with the national guidelines, to archive electronic patient records including your personal information, communication and prescriptions.
Our Website is only intended for use by people resident in the Republic of Ireland.
2.3 How you should use our Services
By placing an order through our Website, you confirm that:
• You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
• You are at least 18 years old;
• You are resident in the Republic of Ireland; and
• You are accessing our Website from that country.
2.4 You must use our Website and Services with care and in compliance with the below:
• The provision of Services to you is conditional on you completing all consultation questionnaires contained on our Website truthfully and honestly. You must reveal and disclose all relevant information truthfully to the best of your knowledge.
• You are not allowed to register more than once;
• Please do not register or complete questionnaires on behalf of anyone other than yourself, unless you have permission to do so from the individual and we receive express verbal consent from the individual;
• We cannot and are not liable for any damages which results from: (i) a failure by you to provide (and continuously maintain) complete, truthful and accurate information in your Patient Record and in all questionnaires you complete or any other information you provide to us; (ii) a failure of you to follow advice given on the Website or from your failure to pass on information given on the Website to your regular healthcare provider. You accept that the advice given on the Website does not replace your regular healthcare provider. You must tell your regular healthcare provider about prescriptions we supply.
• All the information on our Website is in English. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you understand the questions in the questionnaires you complete on our Website. You must speak to your regular healthcare provider if you do not understand a question or are unsure how you should answer certain questions or you do not fully understand the advice or information given to you on our site.
• If medicine is prescribed and dispensed to you, you are responsible for checking that the medicine is the correct medicine prescribed by The Superdrug Online Doctor on our site and that such medicine is not damaged in any way. If in doubt, you must contact the Superdrug Pharmacy to seek advice and/or replacement as required. Do not consume any medicine which is not the medicine prescribed or which is damaged on arrival.
• You must carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use. If you purchase medicine in advance of your need to consume these, please ensure you do not consume medicine which is out of date.
• Please ensure that no-one other than yourself has access to any prescriptions that we make available to you.
3. Pricing, payment, cancellation and refund
3.1 We ensure that our prices for consultations, diagnosis and medical prescriptions are clearly set out on our Website. Postage charges (if any) are shown before ordering. There are no hidden charges.
3.2 You are responsible for providing valid credit or debit card details which may be charged. We reserve the right not to deliver prescriptions to you if your payment details have expired or are invalid in any way. If this happens we will attempt to contact you to enable you to provide updated information.
3.3 When you place an order requiring us to provide a service alone or a service before approving the items for supply. You have the right to cancel up to thirty (30) calendar days after you’ve submitted your order provided the original signed prescription is returned to us unused. We will only make the refund once we have received the original prescription.
3.4. For any other order which requires us to provide a non-prescription good, such as test kits you can change your mind and cancel your order within thirty (30) calendar days of delivery (when the parcel is in your possession or in the possession of the person identified by you for the delivery). Please note that for security and sanitary reasons, we are unable to accept any returns for items that have been used or are unpackaged.
3.5 For telephone consultations you cancel up to the point of the time of your appointment.
3.6 In providing invoice and payment details, you confirm that you are authorised to use these details and authorise us, or our payment service provider, to take payment in full for the items in your order and any associated delivery fees and any other charges that become due to us under these terms and conditions.
3.7 You can cancel your order by:
3.8 You may be entitled to a refund of the standard cost of delivery, but this is only if:
You may have paid extra for express or tracked delivery but you are only entitled to claim back the cost of standard delivery.
4. Accessing our Website
4.1 Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
4.2 From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire Website.
4.3 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. If you believe that your account has been compromised, you must contact us immediately.
5. Our Website changes regularly
5.1 We aim to update our Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely.
5.2 We are not liable if any of the material on our Website is out of date or erroneous, although we endeavour to update materials regularly.
6. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
7. Information about you and your visits to our Website
7.2 You warrant that all data provided by you is accurate and remains accurate. You are responsible for, on a regular basis, updating your information to ensure it remains accurate and current.
8. Viruses, hacking and other offences
8.1 You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
8.2 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
9. Linking to our Website
9.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it in any way whatsoever, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
9.2 You must not establish a link from any Website that is not owned by you.
9.3 Our Website must not be framed on any other Website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
9.4 If you wish to make any use of material on our Website other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected]
10. Jurisdiction and applicable law
10.1 The Irish courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our Website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
10.2 These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Ireland.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Website.
12. Your concerns
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Website or concerns with regards to our Services, please contact [email protected]
And finally, thank you for visiting our Website and using our Services.
The Superdrug Online Doctor Team
Superdrug Online Doctor
onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/ie is a site operated by Health Bridge Medical Limited. Health Bridge Medical Limited is registered in Ireland under company number 648769. The registered office is Superdrug Online Doctor, Health Bridge Medical Limited, 6-9 Trinity Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, D02 EY47, Ireland.
All of our doctors are registered with and regulated by the Irish Medical Council and as such comply with the Guide to Professional Conduct & Ethics
These registration details can be viewed on the IMC Website. All of our doctors are trained in providing remote consultations and issuing prescription medicine online.