Terms and Conditions
Superdrug Online Doctor
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you start to use the website. By using our website and services, you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from using our website and services. All consultations and prescriptions are subject to the terms and conditions of this website.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. Information about us
1. 1.1 https://onlinedoctor.superdrug.com/ie is a website and service operated by HEALTH BRIDGE LIMITED ("We"/”Us”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07392646 and have our registered office and trading address at Superdrug Online Doctor, Health Bridge Limited, 46 Essex Road, London, N1 8LN, United Kingdom.
1.2 You can contact us using the following email address ([email protected]) or by telephone using the following number (020 3588 0293).
1.3 We are registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and as such we comply with the Health and Social Care Act 2008. Our doctors are registered with and regulated by the General Medical Council (GMC) and as such comply with the Good Medical Practice Guidelines.
2. Our Services and how you should use our Service
2.1 The Superdrug Online Doctor - What we do
· We provide medical consultations based on online questionnaires you complete, telephone conversations, secure messaging and photo assessments.
· If we determine based on our medical assessment that you are suitable for treatment we will issue a prescription, which will be sent to you by post to an address of your choice.
· We provide follow-up medical advice to address any side effects and other issues arising from treatment. Where you agree, we keep your GP informed.
2.2 The Superdrug Online Doctor - How it works
• When you visit our website for the first time you have the option to register prior to using our services or immediately select one of our Services. If you immediately start using our services you will be required to register before submitting a questionnaire.
• We offer 2 types of services: (i) a one-step service; and (ii) a two-step service.
o If you select the one-step service you will be asked to complete a questionnaire, register on our website, pay the applicable fee and press submit. Once you have submitted the questionnaire a binding contract is formed between you and us. We will email you or send you a sms (as determined by you) with a confirmation that you have successfully registered with Superdrug Online Doctor and that We have received your questionnaire. Our doctors will review the questionnaire and, provided that you are suitable for remote medical treatment, issue a prescription. Once you have submitted a questionnaire our doctors aim to respond to you within 24 hours on weekdays. You accept that once you have submitted the questionnaire you can no longer cancel this service. This is because our doctors will commence reviewing your questionnaire once you have clicked the submit button. In the event, however, that our doctors determine that you are not suitable for treatment, we will refund all fees paid by you within seven working days of our notification to you that we cannot treat you.
o If you select the two-step service, you will be asked to complete an initial questionnaire, register on our website and press submit. We will email you or sms you (as determined by you) with confirmation that you have successfully registered with The Superdrug Online Doctor and that we have received your questionnaire. Our doctors will review the initial questionnaire and determine whether you are suitable for remote prescribing. If you are suitable, our doctors will notify you by email or sms (as determined by you) to offer you a prescription. To confirm the prescription you will need to log on to your electronic patient record on the Superdrug Online Doctor website, complete a further questionnaire and click the order button. Once you have clicked the order button a binding contract is formed between you and us. Our doctors will review the further questionnaire and, provided that you are still suitable for remote medical treatment, prescribe a treatment to you. You accept that once you have submitted the further questionnaire and clicked the order button you can no longer cancel this service. This is because our doctors may commence providing the service to you from the moment you order the service.
o All our medical questionnaires have been carefully prepared and are compliant with medical best practice.
o Your prescriptions are dispatched from our office to an address of your choice.
o Professional codes of conduct and legal restrictions may limit the number and frequency of any prescriptions we are permitted to supply to you and, as such, we have no obligation to supply quantities exceeding the relevant permitted maximum and will charge only for those we do supply. We reserve the right to reject any order.
o If you would like to discontinue visiting Health Bridge Limited as a patient you can click on the suspend button in your electronic patient record. Your account will become inactive with immediate effect and you will not be able to access your electronic patient record. This action cannot be undone. You acknowledge and agree that Health Bridge Limited is required by law to archive electronic patient records including your personal information, communication and prescriptions for a minimum of 10 years.
Our website is only intended for use by people resident in Ireland (the “Serviced Countries”).
2.3 How you should use our Services
By placing an order through our website, you confirm that:
• You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and
• You are at least 18 years old, or 16 years old or over for the period delay service only;
• You are resident in one of the Serviced Countries; and
• You are accessing our website from that country.
2.4 You must use our website and Services with care and in compliance with the below:
• The provision of Services to you is conditional on you completing all consultation questionnaires contained on our website truthfully and honestly. You must reveal and disclose all relevant information truthfully to the best of your knowledge.
• You are not allowed to register more than once;
• Please do not register or complete questionnaires on behalf of anyone other than yourself, unless you have permission to do so from the individual and we receive express verbal consent from the individual;
• We cannot and are not liable for any damages which results from: (i) a failure by you to provide (and continuously maintain) complete, truthful and accurate information in your Patient Record and in all questionnaires you complete or any other information you provide to Us; (ii) a failure of you to follow advice given on the website or from your failure to pass on information given on the website to your regular healthcare provider. You accept that the advice given on the website does not replace your regular healthcare provider. You must tell your regular healthcare provider about prescriptions we supply.
• All the information on our website is in English. You are solely responsible for ensuring that you understand the questions in the questionnaires you complete on our website. You must speak to your regular healthcare provider if you do not understand a question or are unsure how you should answer certain questions or you do not fully understand the advice or information given to you on our site.
• If medicine is prescribed and dispensed to you, you are responsible for checking that the medicine is the correct medicine prescribed by The Superdrug Online Doctor on our site and that such medicine is not damaged in any way. If in doubt, you must contact the Superdrug Pharmacy to seek advice and/or replacement as required. Do not consume any medicine which is not the medicine prescribed or which is damaged on arrival.
• You must carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use. If you purchase medicine in advance of your need to consume these, please ensure you do not consume medicine which is out of date.
• Please ensure that no-one other than yourself has access to any prescriptions that we make available to you.
3. Pricing, payment, cancellation and refund
3.1 We are required by law to inform patients of the costs of prescriptions before consultations. We will ensure that our prices for consultations, diagnosis and medical prescriptions are clearly set out on our website. Postage charges are shown before ordering. There are no hidden charges.
3.2 It is possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Services listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. We are under no obligation to provide the Services to you at the incorrect (lower) price if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an error.
3.3 You are responsible for providing valid credit or debit card details which may be charged. We reserve the right not to deliver prescriptions to you if your payment details have expired or are invalid in any way. If this happens we will attempt to contact you to enable you to provide updated information.
3.4 When you place an order for a prescription or take up a service that involves the prescribing of medicines this will require us to perform an assessment of your clinical suitability for the medicines before the prescription can be approved for supply. You agree to us commencing this service and an assessment of your clinical suitability for medicines when you place the order and, as such you will have no legal right to cancel your order under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. However, for unused postal testing kits and goods that do not require a prescription, you can change your mind and cancel your order provided you do so within fourteen calendar days of delivery.
3.5 For testing services, you have the right to cancel up to fourteen calendar days after the testing kit has been delivered to you or the person who signs for it, or until such time that you use the testing kit, whichever is the earlier. For goods that do not require a prescription, you have the right to cancel your order within fourteen calendar days of receipt. For orders with multiple goods items, this will be within fourteen calendar days of delivery of the last testing kit or goods item. For any other item which requires us to provide a service alone or a service before approving the items for supply where we have begun to provide the service with your agreement, you have the right to cancel up to fourteen calendar days after the contract commences, however, where we have already begun to provide that service at your request, you will still be liable for costs relating to the service we have already provided. If you are within your rights to cancel your testing kit/goods and obtain a refund or for any concerns regarding a damaged/faulty product or kit, contact Us on 020 3588 0293. Return of a testing kit/goods item will be at your own expense unless damaged or faulty. All refunds will be processed within three working days of Us agreeing to the refund but may take up to five working days to appear on your bank or card statement.
3.6 In providing invoice and payment details, you confirm that you are authorised to use these details and authorise us, or our payment service provider, to take payment in full for the items in your order and any associated delivery fees and any other charges that become due to us under these terms and conditions.
4. Accessing our website
4.1 Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
4.2 From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website.
4.3 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. If you believe that your account has been compromised, you must contact us immediately.
4.4 You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
5. Our website changes regularly
5.1 We aim to update our website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely.
5.2 Any of the material on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material although we endeavour to update materials regularly.
6. Intellectual property rights
6.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
6.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
6.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
6.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
6.5 You must not use any part of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
6.6 If you print off, copy or download any part of our website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use our website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
7. Our liability
7.1 The material displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
7.2 Subject to clause 7.4, if in delivering our Services to you we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the Services.
7.3 Subject to clause 7.4 below, to the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our website and Services, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
– loss of income or revenue;
– loss of business;
– loss of profits or contracts;
– loss of anticipated savings;
– loss of data;
– loss of goodwill;
– wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
7.4 Nothing in these terms and conditions limit our liability for:
• death or personal injury arising from our negligence;
• fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
• any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
8. Information about you and your visits to our website
8.2 By using our website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate and remains accurate. You are responsible for, on a regular basis, updating your information to ensure it remains accurate and current.
9. Written communication
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
10. Viruses, hacking and other offences
10.1 You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
10.2 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
10.3 By breaching this clause 10, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
10.4 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
11. Linking to our website
11.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it in any way whatsoever, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
11.2 You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
11.3 Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
11.4 If you wish to make any use of material on our website other than that set out above, please address your request to [email protected].
12. Links from our website
Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
13. Jurisdiction and applicable law
13.1 The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
13.2 These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
14. Entire agreement
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the use of our website and the Services made available on it.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our website.
16. Your concerns
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our website or concerns with regards to our services, please contact [email protected]
And finally, thank you for visiting our website and using our services.
The Superdrug Online Doctor Team
17. Complaints Policy
At Superdrug Online Doctor, we use an internal complaints procedure to make sure we handle all complaints in the best way possible. Our procedure has 7 steps: Categorise, Acknowledge, Investigate, Action, Respond, Report, Learn. As part of this procedure, we’re committed to confirming that a relevant manager has received any complaint within 24 hours of it being made. We then investigate the events surrounding each complaint to get a full understanding of what has occurred.
After we’ve investigated the complaint you’ve made, we’ll send you a written response explaining what was done to resolve it. We might ask you for further information if necessary.
Please note that the time it’ll take to run an investigation will depend on the nature of the complaint and the people involved, but we’ll update you regularly as it goes on. At the start of the investigation, we’ll give you contact information for the manager that is investigating your complaint so you can contact them directly if you need to.
Once the investigation is completed and you’ve received a written response from us, a follow-up procedure will take place internally to ensure that we learn and improve our processes, avoiding situations like yours in the future. If you’re not satisfied with the responses or solutions we provided, we’ll give you information on where you can get extra help.
The latest CQC inspection found this service to be "safe, effective, caring, responsive, and well-led". This inspection was conducted on 18th April 2019 and the results were published on the 7th June 2019. To find out more about this inspection, please see here.