You need to prepare your Turbohaler for the first use. To prepare it for the first inhalation, remove the white lid. Hold the inhaler upright and turn the base as far as possible in one direction without holding on to the mouthpiece. Turn the grip as far as possible in one direction and then in the other. You will hear a clicking sound, which indicates that your inhaler is ready for use.
To take an inhalation, follow these steps:
1. Remove the white cover.
2. Hold the inhaler upright. The brown base should be at the bottom.
3. You need to load your inhaler. To load it, turn the brown base as far as possible in one direction, then in the other. You will hear a clicking sound when the inhaler has been loaded with one dose. Do not hold on to the mouthpiece while loading the inhaler.
4. Your Turbohaler is now ready to use. Breathe out without breathing into the inhaler and place the mouthpiece between your teeth without biting it.
5. Breathe in as hard and deeply as possible.
6. Take the mouthpiece out of your mouth and breathe out gently.
If you need to take another inhalation, repeat step 2 - 6. Replace the cover once you have taken your last inhalation. Rinse your mouth to prevent oral thrush (a fungal infection which is sometimes caused by Pulmicort). Use a dry tissue to clean your inhaler at least once a week.